1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The joys and killjoys of growing old!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 1, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Amongst other things, I guess Indriya Nayagi is also a great sport:)

Meena... i think we all shld add life to our years than adding years to our life...
    That's a great line...cheers to you:)

L, Kamla

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

My my ....all this aging talk has gone a loooooong way since i posted my fb.....

But some revealing home truths ....thanks to Sri and Chitra.....
    I loved the win-win relationship Sri has touched upon and the way Chitra brought out the IN and NN was also good!

Manju , good to read your Thayee and Akka endearments!:wink:

Meena....loved these lines....we all shld add life to our years than adding years to our life.....aren't we all doing just that here in IL!

Wow Kamala, freaking out in the name of attending Gita class,,.....you lucky Girl!:mrgreen:

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Kamla,
    It is not Indraya Nayagi, it is Indraya Nangai !
    This is a famous T V advt here!
    If you talk of me as nayaki, I will feel tempted to search for a New Indraya Nayagan ? At this age, who will pay attention to me, tell me, Kamla !
    Lead me not into temptation, please!
    Love,
    Anonymous !

4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

somebody said retiring ( is my spelling correct) is not to retire frm job but to re tyre themselves to make them fresh againg :)
    everyone comes to age grows out of age also but having the spirit and life in age throughout is wot tht counts.
    having silver hair is wisdom and dyeing it isnt offence either but at the same time its how one wants to cherish themselves
    af for me i would love to bleach out hair like mrs indira gandhi ;) wisdom look maybe its going get me fortunes :)) and not rifle shots :))
    mirrors always tell the truth so does our mind also we just try to mar it and give freshness to it if we think we are old we really get old and have to depend on someone for small petty things also but at the same time if we feel young we can do so much i ike ur spirit mr cheeniya.
    V few R like u

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Nice posts... I guess we are only as old as we think we are. Having said that I have to admit that appearance plays a major role in perception. My hubby & I went to see one of the doctors here. I met with the doc while hubby sat in the reception area. Doc saw me for the first time & told me want needs to be done & finally finished the conversation by saying but you ask confirm with your father outside before deciding. :rotfl
    He couldn't have made my day any better. From that point on hubby & I never visited him together. :-D
    When we went on our vacations within US the person at the ticket counter asked my hubby if he wanted 1 adult & 1 child ticket. :)
    A nurse pointed to me & told my hubby once that his daughter was a sweet person!!!
    I gotta say that it does boost your ego quite a bit to have an older looking person next to you!

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenaprakash
    I too agree with you. Being married long does give one an aged look! I have done intensive research about this subject! I have even heard that a couple who have been married very long also start resembling each other. This is because of identical emoting works on their facial muscles leaving the similar foot prints! More about it later!
    But the posts here reveal that between a couple, the man ages faster apparently as she claims to look like his daughter and in rare cases grand daughter too! Looks like if I start classes for men to teach them how to look younger than their wives, I can be in business!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Radha
    Thanks for your words of agreement! You have hit the nail on its head when you said that the very thought of getting old should be banished from our minds. They say that if we see someone yawning, we too do so!
    Older people have this habit of comparing themseles with their peers. If my peer has arthritis, I too feel pain in my joints as if all these geriatric ailments should attack everyone without fail at the appointed time!
    Trust the mind to wage a relentless battle against aging. It has worked wonders in my case!
    ri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Meenu
    If you say that IL helps us grow younger, I should thank Sunkan for having brought me to the right place! Only thing is that I dont want to grow younger than 30, you know why!:wink:
    Sri

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

Nice post. I never feel I am old and of late only I am getting grey hair. When I talk on the phone people think I am young. As I have written before though I am old by age but I am young at heart. Since I have more of young friends I dont feel I have become old.

Regards
    viji

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir,

This was TOO GOOD..at your hilarious best:rotfl:rotfl

i ejoyed all the fbs too..you are correct in all your observations too..being called uncle/aunt as soon as one is married,spouses resembling each other after a long innings of marriage,the husband generally looking older than the wife,....:biglaugh

but what i enjoyed the best The moment I start, Mirror, mirror on the wall, it blushes a deep red! hahaha i hope to use it sometime.

i remember relating the story of snowwhite to one of the little girls in my bldg and then i asked the five year old" now tell me shilpa,what will your mirror tell you if you ask the same question" without any hesitation pat came the reply" Aunty it will say Shilpa,Shilpa Shilpa" kudos to her confidence at that age ,i thought:biglaugh

two days back i happened to catch"mudhal mariyadhai" on tv and one of my fav scenes in the movie is that of shivaji trying to lift up that rock when nobody is around ,to convince himself that HE is young..:)

A rocking post,SIR:)