1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

The journey of love…Part XXII

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Angellic, May 16, 2015.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

The journey of love…Part XXII

Daniel’s uncle who was arranging the thambulam hurriedly came onto the stage. Meenakshi turned her face smilingly to collect the thambulam and was startled seeing daniel’s uncle so was he…Falling motionless with their eyes wide open, they looked completely flabbergasted without a blink.

Though meenakshi’s heart urged for this moment but 22 years of separation made her heart hard enough to throw him out of her mind and completely lost the hope of facing this moment anytime in her life. Seeing him standing in front of her, filled her heart with a twisty sense of near-maniacal joy but the flashes of his disappearance and aftermath metamorphosed her joy into anger.

Meenu?? He called her in a soft “I-love-you-as-always” kinda tone, unable to believe his own eyes. He looked into her eyes, and tried to say something but no words, his moment just stopped there for him, stood still trying to figure out whether it’s his illusion or the expected longing reality.

She could not meet his gaze. His dark eyes, full of love, earnest and pain, making it tough for her to hold on to her extreme anger and dislike towards him. She feared as her heart started to melt to get the love back that she was longing for nearly quarter of a century. She exerted an enormous effort of sheer will power to hold her emotions. And the moment she felt her eyes welled up with tears, she quickly turned back and retraced her steps quickly through the aisle towards the exit door.

The moment he was back to the present world, he saw her in the exit door talking with someone…

Vedh came and sat next to titli…

Ehem ehem, he faked a cough to get her attention.

You were lying right? She asked looking deeply into his eyes, waiting earnestly for an answer…

He kept mum enjoying the bright sky gaze, ignoring her words…

I’m talking to you, she said angrily, grabbing the front of his shirt…

Ohhh oh oh, relax gal.
    Uh hmm, Do I know you? He asked casually, throwing a crooked half smile…

Don’t you know me? Taking a deep breath, she continued, Well, I’m the damn reason for your present pity state samjhe...

Ooooh…Well, what difference does it make? Somebody told me life has to move on. I think, this is ex-effect he said it in an I-don’t-give-it-a-damn kinda attitude…

Uh, Wait… was that you? He asked with a smile irritating her further.

Ex??? Huh, biting her lower lip and almost upon the verge of anger tears, she said ~ that day I said many things just to convince you, ok. Tum tho mujhe samjthe hi nahi that’s why marriage ki liye bhi haa keha diya? Hai nah….

Ab bathao mujhe, wo sab jhoot tha nah (you were lying right), she asked him in a demanding tone…

Cool yaar, do some meditation uh…Itna hyper?? Not at all good for your health, subtly shifting his brows, he said enjoying the prank…

She kept mum, biting her nails out of anger…

Chalo, aur kuch bolna hai mujhse… now you wanna say something to me? He asked in a “ab-tho-batao-that-U-love-me” sorta requesting tone…

Yeah, yahi ki tum mere layak he nahi ho…Go and marry the one who is least bothered about your bad habits & health and you still think she loves you more than me huh, she asked in an “I-really-love-you-idiot”, sorta tone…

Vedh turned his body a little towards her and turned his face all the way to look at her, with his brows shifted up slightly out of surprise and with a crooked smile he asked her…Can you please repeat what you said just now?

What did I say? She asked acting innocent (knowing what and why he is asking)…

He couldn't help laughing slighting, I heard something, he said.

I’m yelling out of anger and you are coolly laughing huh, she asked averting her eyes and folded her arms around her body…

Well, thanks for the gift but I don’t want it, he said putting his arm around her shoulder…

She turned her face, looking into his eyes startled. Then with a slight trembling tone, she said “You are suppose to say sorry, not thanks”…

He kept mum, looking deeply into her eyes. Gazing deeply into each other's eyes, both were enjoying their moment of togetherness which, for the first time in a long time. Vedh’s mobile buzzed distracting the love waves and disturbing the love mood…

**** man, clenching his fists out of anger, he took his mobile out from his pocket. He took a deep breath, unclenched his fists as he saw his mom’s name on the screen…

As vedh got up from the stone bench and attended the call. Titli felt tons of movement of thousands of butterflies flattering in the pit of her stomach. Taking a deep breath, she smiled with a blush tinted on her cheeks. She averted her gaze towards the entrance casually and captured her mom exiting out of the hall. Her face turned pale all of a sudden and quickly she got up from the place and started to walk a few quick steps and paused in front of her mom, managing a fake smile.

Titli, come let’s go. We are not suppose to stay in this place for even a second, she said it out of tension.

But mom, looking at vedh (who was still occupied with the call) from the corner of her eyes, she continued, bhumi told me to stay with her till the end of the day…

It’s ok; we can talk to her later, replied her mom bluntly.

Mom, wait for a while, let me go in and inform her that we are leaving, requested titli.

We can convince her later at the end of the day, now I need to go immediately and it’s quite urgent, please understand titli, requested her mom in an unusual pleasing tone.

Her mom relapsed into an unusual pensive state and not ready to listen to any of her excuse started walking, without waiting for titli. Unable to think of any other excuses to make her stay in that place, titli joined her mom…

Jonathan (daniel’s uncle) went down the hall hurriedly towards the exit door to stop Meenakshi. He saw her in the car; he extended his right arm to stop her but she left without noticing him.

Vedh finished his call and looked around but titli was nowhere seen. He quickly walked inside the wedding hall, looking for her in the crowd, but couldn't find her. He waited for an hour then waving a bye to the couple, he left…

Meenakshi went to happy home while titli took her mom’s permission and went to tweety’s home.

Seeing titli in the pathway waiting for tweety, padma aunty gave her the spare key of tweety’s home. Briefly explaining her situation, she unbolted and unlocked the front door and went inside.

After refreshing her face, she went to the balcony. All those sweet memories of school days flashed in front of her. Reminiscing about those good old days brought a curve on her cheeks. The door bell rang which break the flow of memories. She rushed into the living room to open the door.

Can’t you wait for me? Asked tweety angrily.

I wish I could, I wanted to, but mom was in a hurry. Maybe something to do with the happy home or something, she said in a pleasing tone…

Hmm, vedh was bit upset I guess, he too left without being noticed, she said.

Why upset?? Ussko tho koi aur mil gayi nah, asked titli.

Arre, do you even believe that? Asked tweety

But he didn't say a NO when I demanded him, said titli

Tweety was ruffling her handbag to take the gift that vedh left in the stone bench, her fingers grabbed a photo instead.

Oh god, Vishnu’s pic…let me text swati about this or else she will be worrying about missing her priceless fab treasure, saying this tweety texted swati…

Vedh left the gift huh?? Forget it…I don’t love him & I don’t care about him…ok, who is swati & Vishnu? She asked just to sway away vedh’s topic, looking at the pic…

My workmates yaar, Vishnu is the heart of my company, a perfectly perfect guy with damn pleasing personality just like the guys seen in k-dramas. Hmm, the whole office is behind him. Everyone would envy swati, Haash, donno, how swati?? Hmm, I should not say that, god bless them, said tweety throwing an envious look at Vishnu’s pic…

Uh Vishnu huh…
    Hmm, a perfectly perfect guy, Let me use this pic to make someone envy…

Hey message vedh, tell him to meet us @ 5 in Ice & Spice, tomorrow, said titli biting her lower lip with a slight smile…

Tweety messaged him as instructed to her by titli…

********************************************************************************************

Meenakshi couldn't find peace of mind, so she went to the chedda nagar murugan temple which is quite close to happy home. She couldn't remember when her last visit to temple was.

She sat in one corner facing the main shrine of Lord murugan, thinking about things that happened a while ago and odd things that might happen and plotting solutions to the list of non existing probs throwing herself into a pity state…

I was with my girlfriend. She was about to confess her love to me and you interrupted, vedh murmured in her mom’s ear while archanai was going on…

Hmm, I'm so sorry but its all for you only…I was fasting since morning, I told your dad to come with me but he got a stupid meeting at Coimbatore branch in the evening so he left. So what can I do?? She explained him her situation in a convincing tone…

Ok, you walk through the praharam, I will sit for a while and then join you, she said, looking quite tired…

Oh mom, he said, wrapping his arm around her neck, he continued Look at you. You look so damn tired. Why are you fasting? Which god told you to do so?? You are not fit for fasting stuffs yaar. Please don’t do this nah, he said it in a caring tone…

Ellam unakkaga than… (All for you), she said…

At that point of time, he received the message from tweety which brought a huge smile on his face. He made her mom sit in a corner which was next to Meenakshi and left...

Vedh’s mom was looking at vedh who was happily walking through the praharam….

Meenakshi too smiled looking at the same…

My son, very loving and caring, MBA graduate, well settled but not yet married, she said sadly looking at meenakshi…

Same with my daughter, she too finished her engineering and helping me in my business but marriage?? Just waiting for that moment, replied meenakshi…

After talking a bit about their family, meenakshi maintained a silent and started thinking about jonathan (her hubby alias daniel’s uncle). Vedh’s mom noticed her stressy face...

Enna acchi??? Any prob??? She asked with a tone of concern...

Meenaskhi is not a person who shares her personal stuffs with anyone that easily but her uncalming jittery heart eagerly wishing for a friend to share what is troubling her...

Vedh's mom’s hand gripped meenakshi’s shoulder trying to calm her down…

My husband left me 22-years ago. Life was too difficult parenting my daughter all alone. No words to explain how an arduous journey it was. It’s like walking on a hot coal. Today I met my man, I donna what to do, a part of me madly wanting him back in my life while the rest forcing me to go back to Chennai, said meenaskhi...

Hmm, I guess you still love your husband, said vedh's mom...

How can you say that?? Asked Meenakshi...

You said you met your man which shows that you madly want him back and it’s just the ego that is forcing you To go back to Chennai. I personally think that you should hear his justification before leaving, she said...

What if he married someone else? I can’t forgive me then, meenakshi said acrimoniously…

Exactly, you should not. But, I guess he wouldn't have married anyone else. You look so pretty even at this age this shows that you might be a princess charming at your young age. So you must listen to his part of the story before jumping into a conclusion, advised vedh's mom...

That compliment brought a big smile on her face. Her advice cleared the dark cloud of nerve wracking thoughts that was bothering meenakshi so far.

It was really nice to meet you, I enjoyed this moment. The jumbled puzzling thoughts that was disturbing me all the while is in a state of peace now. I think you are right. I madly wanted to know what made him stay away from me, she said in a clear and relaxed tone...

Meenakshi got up from the place, hugging vedh's mom with a smile, she left...

Vedh with his mom (on the way back to home) walking on the footpath, they saw a huge crowd gathered around something…

His mom moved in to see what the issue... She sharply inhaled and widened her eyes as if in shock and disbelief. Quickly she then called vedh to help her to take Meenakshi to the hospital…

In the hospital, after taking few preliminary tests doc concluded it as low BP...

After half an hour, she gained her consciousness...she saw vedh's mom sitting next to her.

What happened to me?? She asked expressing a state of confusion...

Nothing to worry, just low BP, replied vedh's mom...

I didn't eat anything so maybe that's why, said meenaskhi...

Sorry to trouble you. Thanks a lot for your support. It really means alot to me You can leave now. I'm alright, said meenaskhi...

Dont worry about us and I can’t leave you in this situation. Let’s see what doc says then we will decide what to do, said vedh's mom...

Doctor came with the test reports, told her that she is fine and stable now, Nothing to worry and then gave her medications that she need to continue for 3-4 weeks. He also told her to follow-up after a week. And giving the discharge report filed with other test reports, he left…

Uh, thank god nothing serious, I was scared to death seeing you lying on the road, said vedh’s mom…

*********************************************************************************************

Titli was staring at the dark night sky full of twinkling stars and shining moon, thinking about vedh, imagining him staring at her from the garden...she couldn't cease the smile that appeared on her face.

Hmm, thinking about vedh, asked tweety...

Miss those golden days yaar, things would've been definitely different if I continued my education here. I would've enjoyed every single day with him…

You love him a lot right, asked tweety…

She just smiled…

Hey, how is harish now?? She asked…

Hmm, that’s a finished chapter yaar. After our breakup, he left to Canada. I keep stalking him on fb, I find it hard to erase his memories, how stupid I’m. It’s been 2 years we are not in contact but not even a single day I spend without thinking about him, she said…

What? That was news to me. Even in our last meeting you didn't tell me? Why?? I thought you guys were destined to be together forever, said titli…

How can I say that? Because even now I believe we are destined to be together forever. And I still believe he will come back to me. He loves me more than I. So will wait for him to come, she said…

Tweety, I’m so sorry yaar. You were always there for me, helping me in my prob but I failed to see your pain. I’m so sorry yaar, said titli comforting her…

Arre sorry ki bachi, mujhe chod lets see how vedh is gonna react with your prank, Said tweety brushing away the senti-mode…

Hey, but seriously, I never thought that you would fall for someone like vedh, you know. Your nature always made me think that you will fall for a guy like Daniel, ekdum gentleman types but never imagined that someone like vedh could impress you this much, she said…

He is an idiot yaar, even I donno how I loved him. Did you see him today in the wedding? My god, but still I liked it, hmm it’s quite complicated to explain how and why, it just happened, said titli…

Hey, my mom was quite upset today. I should’ve been with her to comfort her but I don’t wanna miss this opportunity either. I felt like it’s a last chance for me. Also I thought that idiot will come to the garden with some girl irking me then convincing me…uh, I started thinking too much, I guess, said titli smilingly…

Love effect huh, asked tweety…

He said it was Ex-effect, said titli…

What? He called you ex??? She asked expressing a state of shock…

Yeah, but I was bit cold with him at that time when he called me on his b’day 3 years back…so I can excuse him for his anger, she said with a wink…

Hey let me call my mom, donno what she is doing now, saying this she called her…

They were about to leave the hospital settling the bill in the reception, when titli called Meenakshi...

Oh god, I completely forgot to inform my daughter...saying this meenakshi attended the call...

Mom, where are you?? I'm feeling hungry, she said...

Hmm busy with some work da. I need to finish it before leaving Chennai. You are at tweety's place right, she enquired...

What? Tweety??? Is she titli’s mom??? Vedh thought scratching his head…

Yeah mom, you are coming here or should I come there, she asked in a caring tone…

No no, you stay there. I’m done with my work. I will be there in 20 mins. Titli, you gals start your dinner I will join you soon, she said and ended the call...

Hearing titli, vedh’s mind started dancing…OMG, she’s titli’s mom? My goodness, god you are too great yaar, he said it bit louder...

What?? Asked his mom…
    Meenakshi turned back, staring at vedh, expressing a question mark??

Vedh’s heart started thumping wildly…

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/262987-the-journey-love-part-xxi.html

Journey To be continued…

With love,
    Angellic :)

4 people like this.

2. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

@Angellic after a longgggggggggg timehugsmiley

nice episode dear

1 person likes this.
  3. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. Good Episode.. Hope you won't keep us waiting for long time now :)

2 people like this.
  4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Angellic :)

Superb update.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nakshatra

Nakshatra Bronze IL'ite

Very nice. After a long time, very good episode. Please write the next one soon!

1 person likes this.
  6. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Nice Episode Angelic. Hope you write next part soon.

7. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Superb episode @angellic... I had been waiting for the continuation since a long time.... Thanks for continuing the story hugsmiley

Wooww now we will get to know the further incidents in life of Vedh and Titli.. Awsm narration.. Please post soon dear... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Next episode??????????
    Waiting for long time ....:2thumbsup:

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Next episode????When???

10. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Hey @angellic We are waiting for next update dear... Come soon...