1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Incredible Indian

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mmvellodi, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mmvellodi

mmvellodi New IL'ite

An Indian walks into a bank in New York City and meets the loan
    officer. He tells the loan officer that he is off to India for business
    for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

The Officer tells him that the as a policy, the bank needs some collateral for the loan, so the Indian hands over the keys to a new Ferrari parked
    on the street in front of the bank. He produces the title and after due verification of documents, the officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the
    loan.

The bank's president and its officers enjoy a good laugh at the Iindian
    for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral for a $5,000 loan. An
    employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground
    garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Indian returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest,
    which comes to $15.41.The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to
    have you as our customer and also the terms of the business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely,but we are a
    little perplexed. While you were away, we made enquiries about you and found that you are a millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "$5,000"

The Indian replies: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 with 24 hour secutity and expect it to be there when I return'"

2. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    The world wonders why we Indians are so rich;as my husbands always repeats the words of his professor that its very easy to earn money but very difficult to save! I guess the moral is splurge with caution.

the words of his professor

3. mmvellodi

mmvellodi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Precisely. As far as life and money are concerned, we live and earn as if today is the last day. In the process, we miss so many good things of life. And as far as the actual doing of something is concerned, we feel the world is going to be eternal. It take little time to realise that tomorrow is better (or could be made better).
    Thanks