The Importance of Tulsi

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ArifaMadhu

ArifaMadhu New IL'ite

mami a new supplement has come for immune empowerment for all kind of flu.

this is the website. www.sandsflucare.com .My friend told me abt this and its good it seems. just want to share to all so that we can be safer from flu.

me and my hubby had ordered. and in fact he told me that its a good supplement.

arifa

2. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chitvish,

This is to thank you for the Thulsi prayer in Tamil. I am new to IL. I have been doing the Thulsi puja for several years and have been looking for this prayer in various sites with no luck. I had seen this prayer in a book long ago and liked it.

I cant describe how happy you have made me. I am a great believer in Thulsi puja. My mother did it till she died last year at the age of 81yrs.

Love,
    Amma15

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

dear maami,

just hearing the name tulasi itself relieves the stress. i would like to know one piece of information, can theetu, echal, be a reason for not growing tulasi plant in the house b'cos in flats many come and go. does theetu affect the thulasi's growth. after knowing its spiritual values no one will go and touch it but people may pass thru . am very much interested to grow tulasi but elders in my house denied saying theetu as the reason as it is the flat and asked me not to keep. but i love to have it.

4. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Dear Madam
    Thank you for the useful thread
    Reading the post I felt as if I am cleansed and purified with the tulasi plant
    Its really wonderful

5. vshnvr

vshnvr New IL'ite

hi chitramam
    very interesting thread...but too late to go thru ..after reading i felt to write abt my words..
    me also a tulasi worshipper..everymorning i use to chant tulasi stothrams nd go around her nd have tulasi theertham too..this was taught by my MIL just after my marriage..evenings i light the lamp nd again go around her..in karthik masam,every early morning we put multicoloured kolams(kumkum,turmeric,charcol,rice powder,green leaf powder) in front of tulasi nd the great thulasi pooja is conducted once in a year(end of the karthik masam) nd light lots of lamps nd make sweet poha as nivedyam..totally religiouswise its a good experience not only for adults but also kids..:)

6. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam
    I have a doubt kindly clear this one Mam. I have all kinds of malli jasmine plants and have one separate tulasi Madam. What happens tulasi comes very fast along with other jasmin plants. I should not take out these Tulasi what to do . Can you please give me an advice.
    kantha

7. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

If anybody has the same thulasi sloka that madam chitra has posted in downloadble form pls upload here

8. omsakthi

omsakthi New IL'ite

Thank you Very Much for this slokam.

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Kantha, I just noticed this post!:-(
    You can pluck & use it for puja or give to temple. But do not pluck on Tuesday & friday.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. geethavinod

geethavinod New IL'ite

Dear IL's,

How neatly should we look after our tulsi plant at home?