1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The (im)purity of having your period...I just don't get it

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Bubbles25, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Gauri - the quantum entanglement experienced of the wavelength when I see someone bold enough to call a spade a blunt spade is assuring! When I read few posts, I wonder - does anyone else feel the way I feel - makes NO sense, even in any of the purported M-theory dimensions. And then comes your post ...

5 people like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You have a choice....either put up with this sexist belief or put up a fight.
    If you chose not to put up a fight...your daughter will face the same issues and she will blame you for it like you blame your mother.

3 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I just don't get how anyone can humiliate a human being like this. Nothing is private.Even your bodily functions have to be made public to everyone.Just another excuse to interfere and control others lives .

6 people like this.
  4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

...........and any human contact with that super UV radiation damages the DNA structure forever or something....

Wow !! You gave me food for thought. I feel like writing a ridiculous sci-fi revolving around menstruating females getting mutant powers that could destroy mankind. :rotfl

Thanks, Gauri. Like Anusuya, even I won't be able to take my evening walk without making people around me feel uncomfortable..... :rotfl

7 people like this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Shreya - Your freaked me out big time :shock: :eek:shaking: Was watching 'X-men: Last stand' on channel E4 and your post bristled me! You already seem to have some kind of mutant power in timing the announcement of 'X-women'.

3 people like this.
  6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl Ha ha ha ..... well, I'm not menstruating for I'm pregnant. So I'm 'The Phoenix' level mutant right now. So another twist in my sci-fi novel :rotfl

5 people like this.
  7. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Or even joke (like we're doing now) about those things which don't make sense, and worse, are causing harm and distress. But I am afraid that my questioning of harmful practices will not be seen for what it is, and instead, I'll be taken to task for voicing my opinion, which I have every right to do in a thread started by someone who is not happy about the current state of affairs.

The bottom line for me is always people, and their physical and mental well being. I'm no scientist, but even if the vibrations and gamma rays and whatnot were applicable, how can they possible be more important than PEOPLE?

People can do whatever they want (within the law) in their own homes. But when those things make others fundamentally unhappy, or worse, it's time we take a long, hard look at what we're doing, and why. If religion helps us to fulfill our potential, I'm all for it. But any practice (religious or otherwise) that diminishes us as human beings may very well have reached its expiry date.

1 person likes this.
  8. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Ansuya - why do you undermine your voice of reason? To quote the teachings of Socrates - 'Just because majority agree or feel it right, does not make it right. Truth is validated only through reason and logic even if it is minority pursuing'. I'm utterly bemused by some of the posts here hoping the coming generations breathe in a land of free-will and unrepressed expression of speech, beliefs and value system one is comfortable in; and not
    lassoed in the name of 'God', 'Religion', 'Salvation' etc.

1 person likes this.
  9. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

7 people like this.
  10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Priest family? Really.. All this so called caste system itself is nonsense in the first place and then comes the "Indian wife" got to do this and that for the family...

People, let's not follow all these rules and rituals for 10000s of years like that.. We GOT TO CHANGE. Change is the only constant.

Now OP, have a conversation with your husband, I hope he is open minded and atleast in your home you can be what you want to be. Good luck...

Ansuya.. LOL LOL....

3 people like this.