1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 11, 2007.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Food for thought Cheeniya sir. :-D

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You know Satchi, I was extremely apprehensive that you might come down heavily upon me for the liberties I was taking with the world's most revered language. It is such a relief that you have taken it lightly! Shows your indulgence!
    Sri

3. PriyaKathiravan

PriyaKathiravan Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    i regret coming to this post right after the sparkling Gajini Ganesh one. I cant say what i was expecting to read under this title, but clearly it was not something so depressing. It is painful to realise that this hypocrite, this despicable worm is not a minority, but a commonplace in our society.

This post was so unlike you. I did not like it at all. Perhaps the offensive man' s unpardonable behaviour scratched the habitual sheen off your gifted pen. Or, perhaps the scene described is so uncomfortably close to painful memories of my childhood.
    Why do some men believe they have a godgiven right to oppress the meek dependants ? Only because they provide the meal ticket ? Invariably these blackguards are cowards who cannot stand up to authority outside home.

4. Cheeniya

Priya
    I can see that this thread has left you shocked and dismayed. What I have written was based on an actual incident that I had to suffer. Among my clients, he was one of the most polished, suave and considerate. Add to that, he was always dressed to perfection and when I got a dinner invite from him, I was looking forward to an enthralling evening. But the events that followed at the dinner, left me furious and cheated. I wrote this quite a while after the incident and if I had written it on the same day, it would have been far more depressing.

Believe me, such men do exist. I have a few in my own circle of relatives. As you have rightly observed, these are 'veetla puli, velila eli'!
    Sri

5. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

I :bowdown do the following

6. Cheeniya

I am grateful to you for this, BT. I strongly believe that no family or for that matter no nation that treats its women badly can progress culturally or economically. I have the greatest admiration for Malala Yousafzai for the brave fight that she put up against the Talibans. She is just 17! We need a lot more like her. As an inspector of branches of State Bank in the '70s, I was appalled by the miserable condition in which women were confined even in affluent families of Bihar and UP. We have a long way to go, BT.