1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hurdle And The Ladder

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba,
    Let me first assure you that I too am in the same boat as you are. I find it very difficult to forgive.

I will tell you why it is so difficult for us to forgive. We think that others (at times even loved ones) are people who are different from ourselves. They are not us, period.

Now let's say that your teeth accidentally bites your tongue. What will you do? Will you take a brick and smash your teeth? You wont. Because you know that your teeth is as much you as your tongue. If we accidentally hit our eyes with our fingers do we cut away the fingers? No.

For the saints like Dalai Lama the Chinese are the teeth and the tortured and killed monks and nuns are the tongue. Dalai Lama is very intelligent not to hit the offending teeth with a brick.

The first lesson in forgiveness is to understand that we are the world. And that we do not end with the outer layer of our skin. A very difficult lesson but worth meditating for a whole life time and even more.

May you climb the ladder soon. and pray that I should also climb.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    Start with one person. And then with one particular act. Then slowly you include other acts of the same person in the forgiving list. When you are done with the same person you can move on to the next person.
    Well it is easier said than done. As I have been repeatedly telling you all I am in the same boat.
    But as I my memories go back I can assure you there is not even one single instance I forgave and lost. And equally so, there is not even one single instance where I took revenge and gained.
    When somebody hurts you so much don't relate to that person. Keep away from her. Think that person is afflicted with some strange psychological disease that forces her to hurt you. You can sympathise with her. If a mad man hits you you don't hit back, right? These people are emotionally mad. That's all.
    All the best in your efforts.
    And do read the week-end blog before you start the week-end.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    I am happy to learn from such a nice person that my blog has always had an impact.
    Though we try to practice this, consciously or unconsciously we start thinking we are not saints and we miss out. am i right Sridhar?
    you are right. There is however one raider. That "we" very much includes me as well. But let's not lose sight of these qualities. Someday we might learn to forgive. Especially when we are 80 and do not have the strength to take revenge.
    Please do read the Friday Kutti blog without fail.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

One More beautiul post sridhar Sir, I can just say thank you and try to integrate the message that you are passing on through this post in myself.

Thank you once again

Regards
    Shobha

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Shoba for your kind words. Integrating the message into yourself... a very beautiful expression.
    And yes do not miss today's post.. a week-end sweetener.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog, Sridhar, which shows us how to deal the hurdles as our ladder to climb into success in the spiritual realm.

Pondering over that thought- when we face a hurdle, we get disappointed at first, without knowing the reason behind, why this happened? Maybe we should try to come out of that thinking and look into a broader prespective to attain spiritual growth.
    One line from a movie song, came to my mind at this time..
    "thadai kal...unakku padi kallappa.."..I don't remember the exact words.
    sriniketan

7. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Sridhar,A great blog that makes you think.It is onething to forgive a person who does you harm,that itself is extraordinary feat.It is quite another to help a peson who is all set to do you harm.I don't know if lesser mortals can do it.Sridhar was no lesser mortal,he was like Dharma whose chariot was above the groung a couple of inches because he was hundred percent honest man.

Enjoyed reading it.
    love
    mythili

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot Bhargavi. In God's scheme there are no hurdles or roadblocks. There are only steps and ladders, even elevators and escalators. God along with his Universe is constantly conspiring to lift us to higher and higher levels.

But the pity is fuddled by our ego and our fears we see the ladder as a hurdle. And the bottom line of all spiritual endeavours is to correct this error in perception.

thanks for coming in, Bhargavi. And yes do read todays Kutti blog before you start the week-end there.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

My dear Mythili,
    An act of forgiveness is not complete unless we are in a mood to do good to our wrongdoer. A tall order no doubt. Something which may take a few hundred lifetimes for somebody like me to achieve. But we should realise that as a goal.
    Dharma's chariot going two inches above the ground is a good simile. But Mahabharatha says that the moment he lied about Aswathamans death his chariot fell to the ground with a thud.
    Later in the evening today we are going to learn about another brother of Dharma. Stay tune.
    Thanks for blessing this blogspace with your presence.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dears,
    As promised I have posted the Kutti Blog, The Holiest of Miracles. I am sure it would make you cry.

If it can make a hardened mofussil accountant like me cry, I am sure it make soft, young mothers like you to sob on for ever. Let the tears flow. Don’t even wipe them.

When your colleague asks for the reason tell her with pride, ‘It’s my Lord who made me cry.’ The same goes to your DH as well.

We saw this Wednesday that forgiveness is a ladder. Agreed. But it is difficult to climb. These tears are like escalators. You don’t have to do anything. Just stand over them. They will carry you to the top.

And He, the being of Love, would simply melt on seeing the tear-stain on your cheeks.
    Have a great week-end ladies!

love,
    sridhar