1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hurdle And The Ladder

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,
    I know it is really heavy stuff. Forgiving is even more painful than death. That's why you feel that this one is heavier than the last week's blog.
    While waiting for your second coming, let me just assure you that this week's sweetener due this Friday will be extra sweet to compensate for the heaviness.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Aruna,
    The first story is a fiction of my imagination. I know people wont believe that. Hence I posted the Dalai Lama story which is real.

You are right. We need to start from the roots and not the fallen leaves.
    And Aruna don't miss this week's Kutti Blog due this Friday. There will be an extra dose of sweet.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Radhi,

When you say that it is very difficult for you to forgive, forget and then give something to your aggressor well, count me in too. I too find it very difficult to practise what Dalai Lama did.

I deliberately chose my own name for that character so that I might have some kind of inspiration to follow his virtues.

You are right. That's the highest in spirituality - to be able to do good to those who have wronged us. And it does not come just like that. It may take lifetimes even. But we should have that as our ideal and vision. Thats why I squeezed in this story.

It is easier to climb from an insect to animal or from animal to man. There what is needed is only the development of intellect. To grow beyond the stage of human being the only thing we would need is love. Unconditional love showered on our worst enemies.

Most of us are not able to forgive others. Hence this blog would only make us feel more guilty. Believe me Radhi, it did make me heavy with guilt.

That's why soon after writing this blog I wrote a very sweet piece which I am going to post by Friday evening. Before you begin your weekend please do read that.

love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Ami,
    I am also in the same boat. Like you I also want to be like my namesake and Dalai Lama. This is one quality which takes us closer to God. That's why Buddhists spend ages on contemplating the Buddha of Compassion. When somebody spat on Buddha's face it is said that he just wiped his face, blessed that person and went on his way. It might take a thousand life times for us to do that.
    But, Ami, we should have that as our vision, our goal. We are sure to reach that some time.
    sridhar

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello Sir,

Typing and deleting comments always has been my habit when it comes to post a comment on your GEMS. I used to feel that i am not even worthy of posting my comments as words used to fail me. But this time thought will type wht all comes to mind directly.

Thank you for leading me on the right track. I have never seen life as serious issue till marriage. Marraige into a joint family gave me daily 1 lesson or more to learn. With 2 children now, these inspirational inputs are making me a more tolerant person. Is this what we should expect from life- always been tolerant, forgiving......... Well i hope i transform from the person if it hurts you forget it but now let me the person nothing should hurt us and also pray for all invariable of their doings. Feeling so heavy..................What all i crave for has really become meaningless after reading this post.

Atleast let me try to start been a bit more good from now on.

Thanking you so much.
    Love,
    Parvathi.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Seems like you wanted to answer my question from the previous story i.e wedding night.

Yes I got the answer now for my questions on how people would be able to gain that higher spirituality and how would they know that they are gaining it or on the path to it. Indeed a heavy topic for people like me...need lot of introspection and time to digest and understand this!

7. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

I am no different from anyone here. This is really heavy and will take some time to sink in. I understand that our ultimate goal should be to attain this stage. But, making it a reality takes so much time and effort.The ladder part and explanation was too good. Apt title for the blog.

God bless you for delivering us this piece of post. We have lots to learn from this. Now you triggered the eagerness in me for the Friday one. Hope it is going to be too sweet.

your dd,
    Anabika.

8. varalotti

Dear bas,

All your words of praise make me blush. Suppose your courier delivers you the jewels you have mail-ordered, and you like the jewels, will you make the courier-boy blush with your praise?

The jewels came from somewhere else. This man just put it in a cover and delivered to you. And he deserves nothing more than a thank you, apart from your signing the receipt that the items were received in good condition.

The image of the courier boy is more apt than we can think, because I find it almost impossible to practise forgiveness. Of course there were a few occasions where I have forgiven. But many times I catch myself shouting at those who violate the simplest of traffic rules.

Along with you guys I am also into introspection mode. You know at times the things delivered can impact on the pscyhe of the courier boy.

While eagerly waiting for your second dose of comments let me just request you not to go in for the week end without reading my Kutti Blog.
    love,
    boost

9. varalotti

Prijan,
    I am no better. When you pray for sadbuddhi please do include me in your prayers. I need them more than you do.
    While the rest of the world just focussed on forgiving it was our Thiruvalluvar who went one step ahead,
    இன்னா செய்தாரை ஒறுத்தல் அவர் நாண
    நன்னயம் செய்துவிடல்
    The best punishment you can give to your wrong doers is to do shame him with good deeds. And that's what my namesake did in this story.
    thanks for dropping in, Prijan.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks a lot Shobha. And yes once you read this heavy piece you need to read the week-end Kutti blog.
    Please do it.
    regards,
    sridhar