The hottest multiplexes and shopping arcades in Kolkata

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by teestabasu, Feb 11, 2009.

1. teestabasu

teestabasu New IL'ite

Hello all gorgeous ILs, I’ve been staying away from Kolkata for some years now…my husband is posted in Amsterdam. But I have never lost interest for my own Kolkata. We may get a break shortly to go back to Kolkata after two years :bowdownand I want to make the most of this chance. Gals, I’ve always had a great love for shopping and visiting the glittering city malls… there are many here but I’ve a great curiosity for the malls and multiplexes opening in Kolkata in all these years.

Can some of the Kolkata ILs tell me where to go and have fun with my reunited family? I’m really looking ahead for a great outing.
    Regards, Teesta

2. bhaswatismiles

bhaswatismiles New IL'ite

Dear Teesta,
    You will not be disappointed when you come here. There are quite a few multiplexes in Kolkata. Besides, the Inox at Salt Lake and Elgin Road, the latest to join them are South City Mall in Prince Anwar Shah Road and Mani Square at EM bypass
    You can have best of watching your favorite film, shopping and eating. :cheers
    It will be time well spent…

3. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

Hey Bhaswati, You forgot to mention the Fame multiplex in Higland Park. :idea Being a resident of Ajoynagor, I am almost a regular of that place and I don’t miss an opportunity to watch the recent releases. Besides watching movies, you can do a lot of shopping in the Big Bazar and that too at an affordable price.
    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

Hey Gals,
    Want to know a real cool news? Kolkata has got its first IMAX at Mani Square. Its huge! Its great! I mean you need to see it to believe it. :eek:mg: REALLY! SIZE DOES MATTER
    Bye… Saradia

5. teestabasu

teestabasu New IL'ite

Thanx Bhaswati, Dipti and Saradia,
    You both have provided me with all the information I needed. I have heard of the South City Mall that it is one of the biggest malls. I have plans to drop in there. In fact I will make sure to watch movies in all the multiplexes that you three have mentioned. Specially looking forward to Kolkata’s first Imax. That would really be nice. What say girls?
    See ya, Teesta