1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The happiness, unnoticed!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by VenkatAkila, Sep 18, 2011.

1. VenkatAkila

VenkatAkila Bronze IL'ite

It is a Sunday morning. Time is 11.30.....But the weather outside seems very cool and soothing without the scorching sun... I was browsing the net and analyzing "The effect of Dopamine in making one feel happy" for my seminar the very next day. I ve been sitting on this topic for a week and now its almost ready. Felt a light ache on my head, and my eyes started to emit hot air. I was not satisfied with the content until yesterday and was searching and researching. Finally, it came up very well…… Gradually very cool breeze started flowing through the open, sliding-type glass windows....felt very cool, so closed the windows, and once again started to do my research on Dopamine, the science of happiness.....trying to explore the intricate happenings occurring inside.

After an hour, i felt some mild sounds coming out through the window.....I turned to see what is happening ......oops it is raining, no, actually drizzling......OMG what about the washed clothes.... immediately I ran outside to check my clothes whether they are wet, fortunately, ive arrived at the appropriate time. After quickly removing the clothes, i started looking around..........

The drizzle has been occurring for 10 minutes it seems, because, the branches of the trees looked much browner than normal, the leaves of the trees looked much greener than before, the grasses looked brighter, the famous RockFort Mountain appeared as if it had a mild shower-bath. I could feel the chillness radiating all around and beneath my feet.......

I ve never seen, no wrong, noticed such an awesome, tranquilizing scene before....vow !!!......how many colors around me .How different the same green looks in different leaves and plants......thousands of shades in green, no, countless.....how appeasing is the nature.... the leaves of mango tree appear in one shade, the neem in a different shade, oh the color of the fern tree, the color of the algae popping around.... the light green of the grass....oh the new leaf of the neem tree appears so young, soft and light with a pale yellow shade.... the old leaves are as dark as possible, some dry leaves in green-yellow combo and many intermediate shades of greens............Amazing ....Life is colorful... I had the gentle, relaxed feeling. My eyes felt very cool and fresh, after viewing this natural event, despite the hot feeling which i felt in front of the computers.....

I gazed at the sky; it was a pleasant, pale blue sky with different designs and rangolis being drawn with different forms of clouds......noticed the butterflies swinging around the fresh jasmine. Slight breeze passed thro moving the grasses leisurely and waving my salwar.... not able to withstand this breeze, few dry golden leaves fell from the top of the neem tree, which is adjacent to my balcony. It appeared as if the neem tree is shedding the golden leaf-akshadai on my head.........had a blissful feeling under the shadow (mercy) of Mother Nature. This neem tree had quite few golden leaves, the neem tree just opposite had lots of dry golden leaves, since it is autumn, symbolizing the karpaga vriksha....I could hear the birds chirping, combined sound of conch and bell of the evening pooja done to Lord Thayumanava Swami of Rockfort Temple, Trichy; which added up to the pleasant being.

Suddenly, i remembered about my seminar on Dopamine..... happiness analysis, and in no time smile emanated in my face. I realized how simple is that the feeling of happiness and content mind..................This simple feeling occurs through thousands of complex chemical reactions in our brain ..........Nature is so simple and fathomless. Human mind creates complexity… …Once again i returned back to my computer....I made up my mind to be as simple as possible like Mother Nature.

These words are resonating in my mind "Nature is simple, Human mind is complex!! .Life is colorful,,,,,,,,,,,

Akila Venkat Raghavan :hiya

9 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akilaji,
    Loved reading this post......:thumbsup...
    Temple bells...missing them.....Thanks for bringing the scene perfectly....

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila
    A hearty welcome to Snippets, Akila. I see that this is your very first post here and how awesome it is! I do hope that you will continue writing here and give us the joy of partaking of your wonderful thought processes.

Don’t we say that beauty lies in the eyes of beholder? Happiness too is just a state of the mind. A disturbed mind misses seeing the beauty around but to a tranquil mind, everything appears gorgeous. Your ecstatic expressions of the drizzle, the trees and ‘thousands of shades’ of Nature are just indicative of a tranquil mind. They are there every day, nay, every minute for us to savour with our eyes and with our spirit but do we notice them? We don’t because our mind screens them off with less aesthetic thoughts.

I remember the famous verse Pippa Passes of Robert Browning:
    The year's at the spring
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side's dew-pearled
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;
    God's in his Heaven -
    All's right with the world!

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the world and yet everything is wrong! It all depends on how we look at it. Maria’s favourite things (Sound of Music) include very mundane things like brown paper packages tied with strings and whiskers on kittens and she goes gaga over them! It all brings into sharp focus the fantastic role that our mind plays in creating a happy picture and when it does that, the world around us suddenly looks ravishingly beautiful. As you say, our eyes become cool and a smile creases our face. A complex mind hides all the beauty around us. Let us keep it as simple as possible.

Thank you for leading my mind to a constructive thought process, Akila. I simply loved your take on happiness!
    Sri

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila,
    A delightful post to read on a sunday morning & setting the mood for the week!:thumbsup
    We are always so busy in our fast pace of life,
    making a list of (as though!) what all to worry about,
    how to get the maximum out of minimum application in any sphere of life
    How to deal with unpleasant situations likely to occur some day or other
    the list is endless.

If only we pause for a moment & appreciate
    Our blessings in life!!

My favourite poem is

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
    Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
    When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,

Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
    Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?

Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Has not our Bharathiar eulogised
    Ethanai kodi inbam vaaithai, iraiva???

We love to worry but never find a moment to look at nature and derive peace from or own selves!!:)

5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

A warm welcome to IL...:welcome Ur post is awesome narrating abt nature..:thumbsup.Lovely narration! Hope u have a great journey with all ILites over here...:)

6. VenkatAkila

Dear Bhargavi

u r true, am too missing India ....i dont feel Home-sick but definitely India-sick...

Thanks for ur comments....

1 person likes this.
  7. VenkatAkila

Dear Vidhya

thanks for ur encouragement!!!!...

8. VenkatAkila

Dear Chitraji,

Thanks a lot for ur comments... am a great fan of urs especially regarding culture and religious posts.....

Well said abt the need to realize the blessings in our life, rather than the misfortunes....

9. VenkatAkila

Dear Cheeniya

thanks for your encouragement...

it is a great realization that happiness exists everywhere and this simple Drizzle was able to deliver that....SO, is the power of Nature , i think.....

Thanks!!!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Akila for that wonderful write up! You are so right - just yesterday I was looking at a pond surrounded by various shades of green and wondering about how these two colors could live such wonderful harmony and radiate such beauty! just being observant can bring that state of joy in us!

1 person likes this.