1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Guy in the checked shirt- 3

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by laurablahs, Feb 23, 2016.

1. laurablahs

laurablahs New IL'ite

Chapter 3
    In the days that followed, my interaction with Mr. Thaadi (I still could not call him Krish…J ) was reduced to just mere Hi’s, or a wink when I passed his place, but couldn’t actually strike an actual conversation with him. One morning I noticed his friend Sandy a.k.a Sandhya was sick and struggling in the wash-room. She looked very weak and collapsible. I quickly rushed to her help and asked her if I could get anything for her. During my initial days here as the lonely small-town girl, I’ve received so much of kindness from complete strangers and since then I’ve always ensured to pass it forward in every way I can. Sandy was over-whelmed. She asked me timidly if I could get her some lime juice while we went to the café. I made her sit in the corner table nearest to the door and walked to the end of the café where we had the juice shop to get her lime drink. And to my pleasant surprise I found Mr.Thaadi at the table with Sandy. I gave her the lime juice and sat down with her. He was scowling at Sandy, who in turn was looking scared. ‘How many times do I need to tell you to eat something before you step out to office?’ he asked menacingly at her and Sandy seemed to shrink. I felt sad for the girl. I know they’re the thickest of friends but still he could not understand what a married woman must go through...all the chores, the hassle, the travel, the balancing act of home and office. ‘Let her at least finish her juice na’ I said ever so slightly when he was about to start the next round of scolding. He glared at me and kept quiet. I felt wrong. They were friends after all, maybe I should not have interfered, but I had felt sorry for Sandy. So I made up an excuse of wanting to leave as there was a meeting and left both of them.
    In the days that followed Sandy had become quite attached with me. We walked together for our mini breaks and wash room chit chats. This was impressive because Sandy already had a huge entourage of friends with her (of which Mr. Thaadi was also part of…) and unknowingly I was also becoming a part of the gang (at times…). She was a sweet, talkative girl and we got along like a house on fire and during our frequent chats Mr.Thaadi would also be a spectator and at rare moments join in the fun. As time went, we got talking as well…Talking went to making fun of my tamil slang, my little hometown and lots of other stuff ranging from kavithai to other literary works. He was an ardent thala fan and I found myself slowly becoming a thala fan myself. To me he was the easiest person to talk to, and that is where I started falling for him.

2. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Good to see u back @laurablahs .
    Welcome back!! Wonderful Episode

1 person likes this.