1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The greatestglory in living lies not in neverfalling but in rising every time we fall

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 8, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dreams do not catch fire. Places do. Dreams make way for other dreams. The fire has to burn in the heart.

We may not know what to do when are dreams are notfulfilled , but God has already made the plan for us in our life. We should do our part and make plans to succeed and God will help us in fulfilling our dream and our dreams will come true. On the other side of the fire is a place of blessing and that blessing will be from God and elders. If we have done something good in our life and always respected the elders and helped them when they were in need of us then their blessings willalways be there. Elders never know to curse the children and even sometimes their curses because of their love will turn into blessings. In childhood everyone makes mistakes and our parents correct us and if we do not listen they get angry and without their knowledge they say something which at that time will not be good but later that only becomes blessings and usually those who are not so good in childhood become the best later in life.

We cant compare ourself to others because each one have their own life .Sometimes we are powerful beyond out capabilities. All are children of God. It is in everyone to shine but some take interest in showing their talents and in some it is in born but some dont try though they have talent.

When we grow old we feel that we should have been a child forever because in childhood we enjoy the most , dont have any responsbilities and so many things we dont know. those who were friends at that time we dont see them now but there isnt a day when our heart does not find them.

There are parts of a ship which taken by themselves would sink. The engine would sink. The propeller would sink. But when the parts of a ship are built together, they float. So with the events of my life. Some have been tragic. Some have been happy. But when they are built together, they form a craft that floats and is going someplace. ~Ralph W. Sockman

We ask God for strength and God gives us difficulties to make us strong. We ask God for wisdom and God gives us problems. ~ Author Unknown

We should find a person who loves us for exactly what we are. We should not run away from our weakness, we have to fight our weakness. We should try to do what we feel we cant do. There is nothing that is impossible.

I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. ~Dawna Markova

4 people like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: The greatestglory in living lies not in neverfalling but in rising every time we

My dear Viji
    In addition to your quotations galore in this thread, let me quote from a letter written by Leo Tolstoy two years before his death:
    "Now our whole life, from birth to death, with all its dreams, is it not in turn also a dream, which we take as the real life, the reality of which we do not doubt only because we do not know the other, more real life? The dreams of our present life are the environment in which we work out the impressions, thoughts, feelings of a forever life.. As we live through thousands of dreams in our present life, so is our present life only one of many thousands of such lives which we enter from the other, the more real life.... and then return after death. Our life is one of the dreams of that more real life and so it is endlessly, until the very last one, the very real life-the life of God. I wish you would understand me!. I believe in it. I see it without doubt"

Continuity is not merely a consolation. It is Tolstoy's conviction. Adi Sankara has also captured the essence of the series of dreams that we live believing them to be real life in his Bhaja Govindam.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: The greatestglory in living lies not in neverfalling but in rising every time we

My dear Anna I do not know how to express my happiness in seeing your first fb. Thanks for quoting Leo Tolstoy. I feel I am blessed to receive your feedback.

Everyday when I tear the page in the calendar I see what is the star that day and what is written in my star. Today it was written Magizhchi(happiness) . I think this is the happiness which was written there.

1 person likes this.
  4. agayathree

agayathree Bronze IL'ite

Beautifully said viji and Anna:). Loved it !!!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Agaya dear welcome to my thread and glad you liked the thread