The "Great Indian" Puzzle Thread!

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by priyum, Nov 22, 2006.

1. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

chatkara_tasty

Hi Heena
    U can post ur puzzle without any doubt....:p
    Waiting to solve another puzzle.......

Gayathri

2. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    so here comes mine . a easy one

A man worked for a high-security institution, and one day he went in to work only to find that he could not log in to his computer terminal. His password wouldn't work. Then he remembered that the passwords are reset every month for security purposes. So he went to his boss and they had this conversation:
    Man-"Hey boss, my password is out of date."
    Boss-"Yes, that's right. The password is different, but if you listen carefully you should be able to figure out the new one: It has the same amount of letters as your old password, but only four of the letters are the same."
    Man: "Thanks boss."
    With that, he went and correctly logged into his station.
    What was the new password?
    BONUS: What was his old password?

3. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

puzzle for the day

Hi all,

Wow !! Lots of active participation.

Preethi, by posting ur puzzle u have given others a chance to win...sweet of u...

Gayatri.... let me consult IL lady to see if this can be made a daily puzzle post...

and heena go ahead and post ur puzzle.... after the current puzzles are solved

Malar where are u?

till then enjoy solving these simple puzzles....

1. Anita drives her car due west for a quarter mile, without turning. When she stops, the car is facing east.

2. A horse jumps over a tower and lands on a man, who disappears.

3. A man is found shot to death in the front seat of his car; a gun lies out of his reach in the back seat. All the windows are closed and the doors are locked; there are no bullet holes anywhere in the car. (it was murder not a suicide).

4. Exactly four people are on a grass-covered island. A fire burns from one end of the island to the other, but no one gets severely burnt. (just four.... not more not less and yes they cannot jump into the sea to save themselves).

5. A married couple was speeding into town when their sedan ran out of gas. The man went for help after making sure his wife closed the windows and locked the doors of the car. Upon his return, he found his wife dead and a stranger in the car. The windows were still closed, the doors were still locked, and no damage was done to the car.

Priyum

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

OOOPs

Oh Heena,

u posted the puzzle just 4 minutes before i did.

So friends... while answering .... write Heena's puzzle.. or priyum 1, 2 3 etc.

Bye.
    Priyum

5. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Any clues???

Hi Heena
    There are no clues at all for this puzzle.
    How can we knoe the old and new passwords without knowing any thing related? So can u give some clue??

Gayathri

6. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

heena

Heena.... read ur puzzle.....u call that an easy one:cry:

Priyum

7. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Priyum's puzzles...

1. Anita drives her car due west for a quarter mile, without turning. When she stops, the car is facing east.

2. A horse jumps over a tower and lands on a man, who disappears.

3. A man is found shot to death in the front seat of his car; a gun lies out of his reach in the back seat. All the windows are closed and the doors are locked; there are no bullet holes anywhere in the car. (it was murder not a suicide).

4. Exactly four people are on a grass-covered island. A fire burns from one end of the island to the other, but no one gets severely burnt. (just four.... not more not less).

5. A married couple was speeding into town when their sedan ran out of gas. The man went for help after making sure his wife closed the windows and locked the doors of the car. Upon his return, he found his wife dead and a stranger in the car. The windows were still closed, the doors were still locked, and no damage was done to the car.

1. She is going in reverse direction and when she stops to start actually, her car is facing east.

3. May be the man died of heart attack or some serious problem with health. He was carrying his gun with him at that time.

5. If all the doors are locked, for such a long time, then the lady died bcoz there is no fresh air and she cant breath for such a long time. Only Carbon di oxide will be there inside the car. And certainly her body will be swollen, so the man saw his wife as a stranger.

Others I'll work out and post soon.
    And Priyum, plz let me know, I am correct or not.

8. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Answer to the 4th one...

4. Exactly four people are on a grass-covered island. A fire burns from one end of the island to the other, but no one gets severely burnt. (just four.... not more not less).

All four people are at the other end, and when fire comes, they all can jump in to the sea, as its an island.

And for the 3rd puzzle, the same logic of the 5th puzzle can work no?

Gayathri..

9. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi guys ,
    the clues r there in the question . so read it carefully ;-) .

10. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Heena's puzzle...

Hi Heena
    I'll try to give the solution.
    May be his new passwors is the same as the oold password if it contains only 4 letters.. right?
    So plz let me know if I am correct or not...
    Awaiting ur reply

Gayathri..