The "Great Indian" Puzzle Thread!

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by priyum, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

ho my dear Preethi ,

Thanks for pointing out the mistake.That was a mistake happened unknowingly:-D ...The errors are regretted...IL's sorry for testing your patience, will post one more puzzle!!!!!!!!!!

2. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Shal & Sonia were the winners of "coin puzzle"

congratssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Black sticker or white sticker?<TD vAlign=center colSpan=3><TABLE width=450 border=0><TD vAlign=center width=40> <TD vAlign=center width="100%"><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG]<TD vAlign=top width=10>[​IMG]<TD vAlign=top><TD colSpan=3>After an I.Q. competetion, three men got the same highest score. They decided to have another little test to determine who will be the champion.

On top of their foreheads, each person has either a black or white sticker. Each person can see the other peoples stickers but not their own sticker.

If any one sees a black sticker on ones forehead, he should raise his hand. If he knows what color of his sticker is, he can speak out and he win the championship.

After they started, everybody rasied their hands immediately. After a few seconds, one of them spoke out and won the championship.

How did he know the color of his sticker and what is the color of his sticker?

4. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Black or White Sticker Puzzle Solution

Nalini, check out my reply !

Black or White Sticker Solution :

If one had to raise their hand seeing the black sticker on other's forehead, it means there could be 2 black stickers and 1 white sticker. However if the person had seen a white sticker on other's forehead, he would have known for sure that his sticker is black. Since all raised hands and none came up with the answer white sticker on their forehead, it is clear all had a black sticker on their heads.

Love,
    Preethi

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

You right PREETHI (priyum plz award 1 point for her)

and my answer is--->

Black sticker or white sticker?

For all the people to see at least one black sticker, we must have either 2 black and 1 white, or 3 blacks. If anybody sees any white sticker, then he can tell immediately he has a black sticker.
    They stopped a few seconds because everybody saw only black stickers. It implies that everybody had a black sticker, of course, including himself. If any of them have had a white sticker, then one of them should be able to tell immediately, not wait for a few seconds

6. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

here is my puzzle................

You have two uneven ropes.Each burns to ashes in an hour.As they r uneven it is not possible to measure that half length will burn in half hour.Now the questioin is that u have to tell when 45 minutes will b passed( U r not having a clock).

7. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

My Solution, Sonia

Solution for the rope puzzle :

If you burn the first rope at both ends, their flames will meet and fizzle out, at 30 mins (as each burns to ashes in an hour, burning from both ends, burns to ashes at 30 mins). At the same time when the first rope is started, start burning the second rope. When first rope flames die, lit the other end of the second rope. When both ends of second rope meet it will be additional 15 minutes.

When all the ropes die out burning, we know for sure 45 minutes has elapsed. (30 mins for 1st rope complete burning and second rope half burning + 15 mins of second rope complete burning).

Love,
    Preethi

8. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

gud preethi,u r right

PREETHI , U R RIGHT:clap:clap

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS................

9. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Hii all........

I am back...:)
    As these 3 days are holidays, I couldnt access internet and hence I missed all of u and all the puzzles.:)

I wish u all a very happy christmas (belated,:) )

I'll definitely participate in the next puzzle section.
    Urs
    Gayathri.

10. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    what happened ??? no new puzzle ? ok by the time someone post a nice puzzle i am giving u a time pass .

chintu said to mintu "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." mintu looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the chintu writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the mintu ended up paying the man $50. How did the chintu win the bet?