1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Goody Bag

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shivachoubey, Feb 9, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

You always have a smart tip for weight loss. I am impressed with your dedication. At office this is a far better way of snacking then to grab a samosa. Have a great day ahead AMI.

2. shivachoubey

Great to hear that you are starting weight loss soon. Weight loss is all about smart eating and its not about NOT EATING. Roasted peanuts in moderate amount are good. Moreover when you pull a handful from this bag the amount of peanuts that you will eat with be less (as there is puff rice, channa etc), that is the whole point of adding variety, you eat less.

Moreover, choosing roasted peanuts over fried snack is a better idea.

Hope I answered your question. In case of any help or any doubts please feel free to ask me. I will be glad to help you out.

All the very best for your weight loss. Have a great day ahead.

3. shivachoubey

Thanx for liking my idea. I am glad you liked it. Have a great day ahead.

4. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hi shiva...
    I do exactly that if i'm hungry after office when i reach home... we get a mix of the roasted peas/ grams etc that with few peanuts and some puffed rice with a dash of lime is really filling... 4-5 spoonfuls and then top it with water.. really good snack...
    K

5. shivachoubey

Great, good to know about the lime. I will also mix a dash of lime to this mixture for my evening snack. Thanx for sharing. Have a great day ahead.

6. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

hi Shiva,
    first let me congratulate you for inspiring a lot of women to lose weight. your blogs are very interesting. i am one of few trying to put on weight though i dont look very thin, i need to just increase a few pounds but whatever i eat goes only to my waist line so it looks very bad with the slim structure and a pot belly. i m on the mission to reduce the abdominal fat. this particular snack is hog on. i add crushed garlic, green chillies roasted till dry and then followed by the rest. it is real yumm.
    regards
    dblakshmi

7. shivachoubey

Thanx for your compliments. Thank you for sharing the tip of mixing garlic and green chilies. It sounds so yum I just can wait to try it. All the best with your weight-gain and inch loss.

8. anuani2202

anuani2202 New IL'ite

hi, siva

i was under impression that puffed rice is strict - no no ,on diet. if this goody bag is good to curb hunger , what would be the recommend intake of this goody bag in a day ? i can it be taken daily? kindly reply
    Rdgs
    anu

9. shivachoubey

Most of the dietitians recommend sukha bhel, that is puffed rice bhel without fried stuff. Its best to carry this bag when you are traveling long distance. 2-3 handful should be enough to satisfy your hunger.

If you want to have it daily, just have a handful along with your tea. Hope I have answered your questions. Have a great day ahead.

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Very good idea indeed.
    Stay hungry Stay healthy!
    -Aru