1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The good things I learnt from some great people

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 26, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some events I can never forget in my life. There are many but I am giving below some of them.

The day when me and my sister got admission in a Convent school because of an aunty who helped us to get admission in Convent school without fees. Since at that time my father did not have a proper job we were not going to school.

I learnt from her that

Try to be a little more helpful and understanding to those around you.

When we were leaving school everyone was taking autograph from the teachers . I also felt like taking but instead of buying an autograph book I made a small book and gave to our class teacher to give autograph. The next day our teacher gave me many autographs to be given to the respective girls. I was thinking she has given everyone's autograph book but not mine. But was so surprised when I saw an autograph book with my name in it.
    I immediately went and thanked my teacher. So thoughtful of her.

I learnt from her:

Give to the world the best you have
    and the best will come back to you

Then when our office was transferred from Bombay to Hyderabad I could not go to Hyderabad. So took autographs from our bosses. My immediate boss wrote in my autograph:

Most liked by all and every smiling

and one of my colleague had written that:

Kudh ko kar itna buland ki kudha kur aakar pooche teri itcha kya hai

I was so happy to read that . Thought that one day I should be also able to give autographs to others and reach to the top in life.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very nice to read about your school days ma.....am also reminded of the last day how we went around with our small autograph books........those days of joy and happiness can never come back ma......

3. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Nice to know why autographs are so dear. I do have a book where i asked my amma to be the first person to write and still i cherish it. in those days we used to scribble some thing but today there is no concept of sharing. i feel sad for the present day generation. i am happy that in our days we were able to mix freely with friends and teachers were very soft and warm. thanks for sharing these lovely days of yours with us.

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Your blog reminded me of my school and college days when I chased all my friends to get their autographs...Every now and then I read them and every time, I get tears...sweet memories :)

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes Sudha dear we can sit and think of those lovely memories now. They wont come back

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nitya dear glad you also have some old memories and used to take autographs.Those days we had time for everything now our children dont have time their life is hectic

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ice dear glad that yu still preserve your autograph book and think of thos elovely days
    love
    viji