1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Golden Silence

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Apr 16, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Frnds!
    Have you ever heard the pristine sound of ‘Silence’? I am crazy, that’s what you are saying! Am I right? Ya! I am crazy, coz I like to bring the craziest stuff out of my box (read as Devil’s workshop) for you to ponder over. Great thought no?
    So I was asking about listening to the pure sound of silence. Frnds believe me, I’ve developed this precious art of hearing golden silence over a period of time. I’ve slogged like anything to uncover the mysteries of this so called not-so-treaded world. And believe me, before taking every step ahead, I would ponder 100 times- shall I, shall I not? I was tempted to just abandon my journey on this path but my courage and persistence worked and today I consider myself a lucky one to have found that art.
    Most of the times, we all keep talking- talking. We hardly make any efforts to listen to things. In a subconscious way we just go nodding. We take things for granted, we presume and make opinion about any damn thing under the sky. Most of the times, things are not the way they look to the world. This discrepancy made me take this rather difficult path to fathom the depth of it.
    Those who know me personally are well aware of a fact that I love talking. It was really quite difficult for me to keep my mouth shut and just listen. I slowly went on developing my patience on keeping quiet and absorbing things the way they were portrayed. I would just gulp all that stuff and later how cows chew the cud, I would bring all that out and think for hours together. Slowly I discovered that I could analyze things in a better manner, get hold of things as never before. I had to change my mind set, my perspective, my overall persona. But finally I emerged out as a self proclaimed winner. And I am very proud of myself.
    The Silence taught me many things:
    When there is absolute silence, you not only hear things clearly, but the inner silence gives you a platform to churn your own self. This helps in discovering your true potential, your latent powers, your hidden self.
    You concentrate more on the minutest detail.
    You get a confidence that you are something different. God has made you one in a million which I feel is a great charger for you.
    Silence teaches resilience too. You tackle your day to day things in a positive way.
    Silence also gives you an opportunity to buy some time in a situation of dilemma.
    It is said that “Well defined silence has more eloquence than speech”.
    So, learn this new art of keeping silence and reap the benefits.
    RegsJ

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear anukarsha,
    A thought provoking post. I am also a type of person who will not shut my mouth if I get a chance to chatter with the persons. Then slowly I understood that
    Silence allows you to trust yourself. You give yourself time to listen to your inner voice. You learn to discover your unique ways of knowing. You discover that you do know the answers. You simply think others know better than you do. You have been taught this for most of your life. Listening silently to the promptings of your heart you begin got know your own voice. You become your own master. Gift yourself a rest of silence each day. This will develop a greater sense of well being in all aspects of your busy life. You can be centered and still while everyone else rushes around. Silence has been used as an anchor in the lives of all those who find it truly is a wonderful life.
    with love
    pad

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thnx dear.ur writing style is very nice,just loved it.pl keep giving me insights like this.i m so lucky to have found out a platform which is nothing less than a rich ocean.thnx dear once again:)

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Its good to be silent and analyze the situation. But will it lead at any time to put our views, when and how?

During a course of talks / arguments, unless we put our words, how you prove you are not wrong? If you ask for sorry, people automatically conclude that you are wrong?

It is not a film or a serial, wherein at the end of the tunnel, somebody will recognise you and admire and appreciate you for being so. But in this material world, nobody is there to appreciate for keeping quite, but only take advantage out of it......

The above is my opinion.

BR
    Shanti

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Wonderful musings on Silence. Silence is indeed Golden and we need to practise it for a few minutes everyday so that our overburdend mind can have some rest and sort things out ! It will help us listen to others words better and that will greatly improve interpersonal relationships.

I remember Emerson's line : " let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of Gods."

Enjoyed reading.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu

Ya sometimes it is better to be silent because Speech is silver and silence is golden.

love
    viji

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear shanti,thanks for your feedback.what you are saying is true.But i have learnt that silence at times bears better fruits than shouting.Life is a game and one must learn to put the ball in opponents court.We must analyse the situation and act accordingly.anyway,please keep sending me your insights.i need blessings from my seniors.regs:)

8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear viji ma,very true.that's why i titled it "the golden silence".regs:)

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear lakshmi ma'm,thanks for your feedback.I am really lucky to have your love and blessings with me.i think i am on cloud 9.regs:)