The Golden Period in your Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mstrue, May 14, 2010.

1. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Golden Period of life...

To tell the truth it was the 4-5 hours of sound sleep:) when I was in hostel doing 12th std LOL:spin....

People who had been in school hostel may fit the situation properly..

It was one of the leading schools so result was their concern they didnot even bother wheather we are alive or not all they need is good result and state ranks..We were allowed to sleep at 12.00 am and get up at 4.45am..Kodumaiyana kaalam sir athu:rant

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

MsTrue,
    Good thread! I could say - all early childhood days, but we hardly remember them.
    But for all of us girls - pre marriage days are supposed to be golden. Am I right?
    Yes, for me too. I did my PG in chennai and placed in a reputed organization in Bangalore immediately and Worked there for 3 years which was my golden period. Due to marriage, I had to quit it and joined in Hyd. Those days I used to stay with my college friends who were workign in different organizations. End of day, we used to share all our experiences etc. We know where to go shop,how long we need to work,what and all we need. We used to think about ouselves exclusively as we were burden-free. End of the month, high pay cash cheques....so just enjoyment spree.
    But now, we are settled in different parts of the world with inlaws,husband,kids etc....now we have no time to say - Hi atleast. So, those were golden days.

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

True ...MsTrue.

I agree .Even a golden moment lifts you up from down the dumps.

Watching a flower or the sun set ...

A tender hug from a child ...a warm lick from your dog...

freaking out with dear and near....and many more

gives me the strength to brave the not so golden times of life!

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hmm...even one hour or so can be listed. Ok.

Very quickly I can jot down this: Sachin's 200 not out in recent ODI comes to mind since it was a very painful time in personal life for me, and watching that live (on internet) gave me so much joy that for a brief while I forgot my personal sadness!

Its not a golden "period", but a golden few hours.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I think I have not lived my 'golden period' in life yet. Maybe in 20+ years I'll be able to answer this question!

6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

The Golden Years

I cannot see
    I cannot pee
    I cannot chew
    I cannot screw

Oh My God What can I do

My memory shrinks
    My hearing stinks
    No sense of smell
    I look like hell!
    My mood is bad - can you tell?
    My body's drooping
    Have trouble pooping
    The Golden Years has come at last
    The Golden Years can kiss my ass.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

LOL Malvi, that is so funny. One of my friend forwarded me this poem ages ago.....:biglaugh

God I can't stop laughing....:rotfl

8. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

hahahahah Malavika. I definitely don't think my "golden years" will be when I'm old. :rotflNone of that sounds enticing!

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

ROFL Mals! I've not seen that poem before.
    But LOLzer! :rotfl

Especially LOL since I am up at 4am (jetlag) :rantand have to post at IL since everyone else is sleeping :rotfl

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  10. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Ms True!

Wow A Name that i have admired in the IL world! :)

Nice user name! :)

Hey many thanks for this nice thread dear!

I can actually list mny golden years of life!

Actually every part of my life has something to say that its GOLDEN! :)

Yes, When I was born, I broke the astrologers prediction that my father would be issueless- it seems! My Grand dad was very [proud of me who remembled my dad most and happened to be the first grand daughter in the son's lane! I was the queen of the house [ Yes Queen Elizabeth! :) no king :D] Every word i babbled was made a rule by my Grand dad! And every one else faced an emergency rule type of an atmosphere while i grew up to join school.

Next period would be my school days from when i was 8 to 14 - I was not having much to be busy wwith studies , I used to chit chat , argue enjoy , play and do some drawing, painting, learnt a little bit of music.. It was all GOLDEN and GOLDEN memories for me worth more than all the GOLD existing on earth - The Reason: I was with my darling sister those days after which I did not have that luck to have her all my life.

Next set of years would be the first 3 years of college where in I was with my roommates in college hostel for all 3 years as a single group with all of them in touch even now and the time we had the comments we had on others especially on the staff who lectured us, the guys who teased us ( they would have hung themselves up if they happened to overhear the way we teased them in the hostel room!).

NExt batch of years was post graduation on job in a hostel, where in i had my own schedule, time to dress up, shop, have my own way of life with no one to question..! That was the most splendid experience i have ever had in my life.

Well that was what I thought till i fell in love with my guy who is my DH now :) We had known each other for 6 years, been good friends and fought badly and never spoke to each opther till one whole year after we graduated. We happened to meet again over net - only to fight.. but some how both the negatives combined to form a positive now :) I believe in mathematics,chemistry and biology and physics lastly - because when we both realised ourselves we both could not believe how we were alive when we have forgotten about every other daily chore as we could only think of each other those days! Meeting every day, hanging over in Bangalore's malls, watching movies ( every other scrap movie seemed like a great romantic classic then :) ) I was on top of the world!... And I thought that I would not miss any thing If i died right at that moment!

I was proved wrong when I became a mother, I was reborn again to see that little one of mine , who looked like a small bunch of pink roses, who reminded my father and DH at the same moment when I looked at her for the first time.

I thought that this joy would not be equal to any of the moments that come in the future... I had left my two year old DD with my mom and was taking her back as she would not be without me and DH. She was cranky and was very troublesome that I had resorted to physical treatment at point. My daughter after crying wiped her tears and started cuddling me and started talking " Amma are you tired? I was troublesome" she said. I was unable to believe if she knew the meaning of being troublesome.She continued " Amma, Nee Romba Azhaga irukkiya?" [Mommy are yoy very beautiful?]

Now I bet - This would be the most Golden Period of my life. Experiencing my daughter's sweetness and her brilliance in her baby language!

Nothing like that!

Thanks for this thread Mstrue!
    PS: sorry for the long post - i have a weakness - i cannot stop when i start - hence it always ends up being long! :(