The Gita teaches the art of living and striving.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    My very purpose of writing these posts is to make us all think, beyond our mundane physical aspects of life.
    We can never dimiss them as "fit for only old age" ! No, not at all. Our scriptures do teach us to tackle every situation in life with courage in our own selves.
    Please read my reply to Vysan.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear chith,
    Another usefulpost .The following lines identify my mental condition. Yes, sometimes I feel I am a coward unable to boldly carry out decisions.------
    When we are mentally dejected, our intellect discovers convincing arguments to justify our cowardice. We start painting white our dark inner depressions. Arjuna also goes through the foolish convulsions of a psychologically broken personality--------.
    Regards,
    meenu

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Thanks for the reply with example you gave to Vysan. it very well explains the problem concept. unfortuately we get caught up in the problem so much that we cannot see through it or beyond it. thanks for the wonderful example.

4. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra..

How true!! That the Gita indeed teaches us the art of living and striving !
    I can absolutely relate to it.
    We are pulled in different directions in life, not just because of our 'fickle' indecisions, but also 'cos of peer pressure and societal expectations. But our 'siilly minds' always expects social acceptance rather than self-determination :)
    Perhaps, this is where parents, close siblings, life partner, close friend etc play a role....they are the ones who r most likely to accept one as he / she is, even if one doesnt measure upto 'society's' expectation levels..

Anyway, I think I have deviated from the main topic..
    The gist I think would be to be less affected by external factors and be peaceful from within ...and that is what Gita is teaching us..

Thanks for enlightening us through your wonderful article..

Love
    Pavithra

5. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Whatever you have written holds good for every one of us. It is not easy to come out of it as well. Repeated reading of scriptures atleast makes us aware of the right path available to us.
    Thankyou , Meenu.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Pavithra,
    Through out our lives, very often, we are more bothered about being accepted by the society, pleasing others etc that we do not see outside that vicious circle. The reading, rather learning of the scriptures helps us "break
    through " this barrier.
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

An excellent post reinforcing Gita way of life as the only was to accomplish development and progress!!! Above all, your response to Vysan was more thought provoking..!

Looking forward to the second chapter.

-Gayathri.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mrs. Chitvish,
    Nice post once again.
    What more to say, we are always in the Arjuna's state of mind when any problem arises, not able to find a solution to it.
    Rightly said that we give lot of excuses to justify our cowardice.
    Gita offers solutions to all walks of life. It is true.
    It is better we make our children learn at their early age and have self-faith to achieve greater things in life.
    waiting for the 2nd chapter.
    Sriniketan

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

Excellent write up as usual ! This time, I see you have pointedly referred to the youth while mentioning the practicality and usefulness of Gita in everyday life ! Yes, Gita is not bound by age, its philosophy is about living..whether by young or old.
    I particularly enjoyed your post to Vysan. How true, we are never satiated. Once we get something, we aspire for something else and more. Mind is a monkey and it needs to be rested first.
    "The problem is you-The solution is you." Very true. But we have to have the necessary maturity to see this great truth and act on it. I don't think that is easy....

L, Kamla

10. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    We are forever (like Arjuna!)
    Full of hopes, but equally desparate at times about our own performance;
    We want to be at peace with ourselves, but at the same time tend to retort;
    We know we can be & will be successful, but at the same time doubtful abput ourselves !
    Gita helps us discover our "dormant self" !
    Yes, I do thank Vysan for making me think loudly & share some more thoughts here.
    Love,
    Chithra.