1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Garbage truck

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rnair, Dec 22, 2011.

1. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

The garbage truck is the most talked about thing at home these days. Now that the holiday season is here with toy store discounts shown all over TV, Kanna wants to make sure that Santa hears him. :)
    He has so many car toys that I’m not convinced enough to get this one. But he never seems to give up either and has been talking about it since last birthday and I’ve been tactfully distracting his thoughts. A garbage truck; I wonder what these kids look at. A pair of woolen PJs was almost set in my mind for this winter.
    This morning, as I returned home after dropping the kids at school, a bright orange and green garbage truck caught my attention. It had a monstrous look, fork lifted heavy trash cans and recyclables, made lots of noise and yes, made the place look clean. Okay, that might be interesting for the little ones. But not convincing enough to go on my shopping list.
    When we returned back home from school, the little guy wasn’t willing to come home. He was staring at the driveway.
    I asked , what are you waiting for?
    Amma, today is Wednesday, the garbage truck comes today.
    Wow..he knew that all… I was amused.
    Sorry kanna , it came earlier today , I saw it pass by.
    He seemed upset.
    Why do you like the garbage truck so much ???
    He was excited to reply, “ amma , the man with the blue cap, he always waves to me and shouts , hey buddy , hows it going?
    He’s such a friendly driver.”

That being said , he took his backpack and walked home with his little sister, leaving me staring at the empty garbage cans.
    It wasn’t the big wheels and lights after all.
    I was so caught up in the commercial aspects of the holiday season that my son just reminded me so humbly that the holy season of Christmas is all about love, care and cheer and rejoicing in the goodness of God and His love for us.
    Here’s wishing one and all a very healthy, hearty and joyous holiday season.

sindmani likes this.