1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Final Adieu!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Sars,

Glad to see you here and happy to know you found the story touching. Sars , yes its tough , very tough to make some decisions in life but then they have to be made isnt it?.
    Well as for the answer to your question it is not just one lady , that i have met but many ladies and gents who are caught in these kind of conflicts when they need to seriously think about the life of a dependant child after them . A child whose survival is in their hands .

Thankyou for stepping in Sars.

Love,
    Devika

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ga!

Hey kay sakali sakali? Sagle ithe kercheif geun basle vatte....

Very touching story ga....I do understand the mother's dilemma. One hand she keeps the kid in for 9 months & then she in the later stages of his life has to put him to sleep-permanently...

Euthanasia-A very controversial topic. Yes, I do agree that we hate watching our loved ones become a vegetable in front of our own eyes. But think of the daily death that person undergoes.

I do agree that it is a double-edged sword. It will go down the path of Section 498A of IPC. Originally used to protect women from Dowry deaths, it is now used by some women to break families....

The irony is not missed. Using a sweet to deliver them from the pain of life....I am sure even God will condone this.

Love your stories ga. They touch on the happenings in society that we rather not discuss.

Regards,

Corallux

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

OJ,

Thankyou for dropping you comments.Yes this is real life not reel life so I needed to look at it from the perspective of reality. It is a tough choice to make for the mother but ultimately the only option left is what she decided finally.

Glad you liked the story OJ.

Devika

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ende priyappatta Mole!
    Let me not elaborate, but go straight to my point!
    A close friend of mine has two sons, the younger one being spastic. Ofcourse he was sent to a special school and trained as much as his limitations allowed. He can look after himsef, but cannot go out and work. My friend or her husband has to be around him all the time.
    The elder son is now an IT employee,but refuses to get married. The reason is, after the demise of his parents, he will be solely responsible to take care of his brother; he is not sure if his wife will be co-operative. He shudders to think "if not?".
    My friend is terribly depressed about this. She says the only thing she can think of, is to pray to God that he should not live a day more, after her demise. Now, I don't want to elaborate, what exactly she says. You can read between words!!

What an irony that Ayush was named so??!! This is like a blind girl being named Sunayana!!
    But your story made sad reading and the end sadder or saddest!
    You play with emotions and words beautifully - I am your ardent fan!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear devika mam,
    A heartening and emotional post.The decision taken by the mother is two hundred percent right.Imagining how the fate had changed the dreams of a young boy and his mother.:eek:mg:As the saying goes"Nothing is permanent except change" ,it holds good here.Nobody on this earth including multi billionare,rishis, most most successful business man etc have the capacity to change the fate.In this stage we are all in a helpless condition before the almighty.(sorry before the power of almighty)

Excellent post.....

BC

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitvish,
    Your friend is in a delicate,crucial period.I salute her elder son's generosity and selflessness.Again fate play a lot in the lives of many.

Again a heartening post...

BC

7. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dearest devika,
    how beautifully you have explained the emotions of a mother!!!!i am sure it must have pained more to kill her son then giving birth to him!!!!!very touching and very well written!!!!i find it difficult to describe your stories, as they make me speechless. Each one is very different and unique in it's own way!!!!!keep it going!!!!!
    luv
    pavi

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Thankyou so much for the wonderful FB and Im so sorry I made you cry.Please forgive me dear friend.

I am sorry to know about your nephew.

Lalitha you have this lovely quality of being a great motivator and I am so thrilled to read that you rate this as my best till now. Glad you liked it.

Sometimes in life we fall short of choices and then are compelled to take the next available route.

Glad you liked the story Lalitha and thankyou once again for the million dollar comment

Love,
    Devika

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear DM,

That is a nice story... Very touching... But why GODs has to be so cruel at times... I can understand the feelings of the mother.....

Veda

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Dg ,

Thankyou so much for stepping in.Glad to know you liked the story. Yes when the mother has to make a decision like this , it is pure hell , but then she knows this is the best decision for her son , since after her no body would tend to him, thus killing him everyday.

Thankyou DG

Love,
    Devika