The Fantastic Food Law

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by shivachoubey, Jul 12, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

I was just waiting for this blog. I fully agree, when we chew the food we feel full very soon and we do not overeat at all. I learnt this from your blog and eating with a spoon helps me to consume less food. Thanks for the golden rule, each one of the above has its own significance.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

I just loved the way you write...just as if talking to us individually in person....thus a feeling of motivation naturally sets in.

I loved each and every line of yours in this blog.

Let us all follow our dreams of becoming slim in a healthy manner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

hi shiva....

Everything you have written is absolutely true...i have experienced it my self...offcourse after reading your previous posts.....

it is working for me...I always loved daal ...so now i have daal first ...then roti ..so i used to eat 3 chapatis previously..today after having daal and raita...i cant eat more than one....thanks to you...

and about tempetation..i want to eat each and every delicious and tasty dish...bt i take two-three bites and then becasue of guilt i stop...and start having salad and daal...it gives me satisfaction also without increasing weight...

thanks..for being there ..

4. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Great post Shiva.. You have so right nailed the correct way of ones approach towards food. And really they are simply practical as against tjose "diet plans" that keep you away from the lovely foods and that craving keeps building up to only explode one day! :)

Another one-liner I liked was
    The choice is always in your hand.

I think it is such a strong pint - that no only would this apply to controlling our food habits, but also beyond!
    Thank you so much.

5. Pomegranite

Pomegranite Bronze IL'ite

Hey Shiva,
    Great post! You are spot on with the portion control, speed of eating and low-cal "filler" food.
    Salad and soup really take the edge off and allow me to be more mindful of my choices. Its hard to say no to cake when I am ravenous!
    Cheers,
    Ami

6. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

Another great post from you :) ....

Whatever you have written is absolutely true . I can vouch for the same as I have experienced it myself.

I have never stopped myself from having aloo parathas but I have made it a rule for myself that I will have it only in breakfasts and that too without oil. The aloo used for stuffing is baked in the microwave and then chaat masala,green chillies, salt, turmeric and coriander leaves are mixed together to make the stuffing. So you can relish your oil-free aloo paratha with curd or pickles.:)

same is gobi paratha .... If anyone wants then i can give you the recipe of oil-free gobi paratha which is tasty and healthy.

7. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Shiva

Good Post.

shobha

8. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

dear friends,
    I went through all your views I thought let me share my experience, I started going for a veru very long walks of about 8 to 10 kms daily which really reduced my weight and u know something whenever my maid takes leave i am very happy that without any second thought i start my work which i try to enjoy so that i take as a god sent opportunity for reducing my weight or to keep me fit this way i have really lost about 5kgs
    vijaya:crazy

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

You are a born lucky girl. Snacking keeps your metabolism high and eating slow gives you the satisfaction. I had to cultivate these habits, to stop and enjoy the food. I had always read about them but never followed and when I followed I saw the result.

Thanks for appreciating my post dear friend.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Till date all the people I met who were on so called "diet", I have seen them going back to food with vengeance. People tell me you eat so less you are dieting, or if I say NO to junk food they say 'you are dieting'. I used to accept that but now Lalitha the truth is I eat like that. Now I tell people no I am not dieting this is how I eat. Sad part is when we say no to junk and fried food others will be the first people to point fingers.

I hate dieting and I want to enjoy everything I can eat and still lose weight. The middle way for me was to eat in small/moderate portions.

Avoiding is a kiss of death and I will never take that kiss and for that matter why should anybody else.

Thanks for appreciating and liking my blog post.

Have a great day ahead

regards

Shiva