1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The EXPERT DOCTOR Answers The Most Oft Asked Baby Questions

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by aditibose78, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anjish

anjish Silver IL'ite

hi,
    my son is 3 year old. on 2nd july he got a febrile seizure. we have admitted him in hospital and performed all the necessary tests. All reports are normal. now from 15 -20 days he is blinking his eyes hard and more frequently while watching anything in TV or computers. my paed is asking me to do a test of EEG. is it really required ? i have read on internet that this happens to some children which automatically goes. one more thing i want to tell you is that my FIL's sister is an epilepsy patient.

except that febrile seizure my kid did not have any kind of febrile seizure in the past and uptill now. he is very active boy. he goes school and knows all that he learned from his school. i mean there is no sign of mental disorder visible to us uptill now? plz suggest something we are very much worried about it.

regards,

2. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

my daughter 40 days old got used to honey pacifier last week..i m afraid she may get addicted to it..its worrying me...how to get rid of it..
    what are its after effects if she continues it?
    thankyou

3. Rupamitu

Rupamitu Silver IL'ite

My DD is five and half months old. Her palms and feet sweat a lot, not always but twice or thrice in a day. They become cold also. My Paed said it is some vitamin deficiency. Is it something to worry about and what is the reason and how to avoid this excessive sweating in her palm and feet

4. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

U can also use daffy or soaps that has ph of alkaline. Teddy bar and daffy doesn't cause irritation even if she rubs so try using it. It makes skin also moisturised.

5. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Dear aryashi pls do not give honey pacifier as it it may cause a condition called infant botulism which is due to honey, infant botulismt affects the central nervous system. Honey should never be administered to a baby under one year of age so try to avoid giving honey pacifier to your baby

2 people like this.
  6. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

thank you for sharing your experience even if it is a doctor's answer thread. :) IL always welcomes such exchanges.

7. aditibose78

Hey ladies,

Thank you for all the queries. I am compiling the answers and it will be up on Monday. So watch out this space for more and for now hold onto to any more questions that you might have. We will get it addressed in session 3.

8. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

Hey..
    Nice info aditi..

Cud u add this question tooo..
    What to do if a child is allergic to Lactose??? How long is he supposed to drink Soy Milk?? Is it healthy?? Does it have the same calcium???

9. aditibose78

Hi!

I am sorry but I have already shared the batch 2 questions with the doctor. Yours will have to wait for next time.

In the mean time here is some information, which I am sure will help you out.

Other than soya milk, rice milk and almond milk are the other two options.

Soya milk does not have any calcium, So you will need to buy calcium fortified soya milk

Soya milk also lacks a few essential proteins. So it is best to give your child added calcium and protein rich diet and not depend only on soya milk

Soya milk could cause some allergic reactions too, especially if the parents are allergic to soya products. This could be vomit, loose motions, asthma etc. So do keep a check on it.

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@lalith My paed asked me to give soya milk for DD. But she does not like the taste. DD like soy yogurt. Paed said that is has the necessary calcium required for DD's growth. DD is 15 months old.

I also buy almond milk. Both soy milk and almond milk packets say that it has more calcium that regular dairy milk. I buy 'Silk' brand. When I was in Chennai, I got the same from Amma Naana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.