1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ever falling actress!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I am back after along break. Got down to reading this post.....was really hilarious and am still smiling after reading all the replies. It feels good to be back Home( i do mean germany and also IL!) :tongue
    Will get back in detail after catching up with ur Senile / humourous ramblings sooooon!

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:-D Dear Sudha
    Good to see you back with your smile! Be happy dear friend and what ever I can do to help you to keep always smiling, I'll keep doing tirelessly! :-D
    Sri

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Respected Sir,
    Best regards.
    A witty post.....with all nitty-grittys and subtleties ....of the Film-Industry.....
    Whole-some......! Enjoyed reading it Sir.....Big invitation....Vermillion.......Huge bronze lamp......budding actress.....cigarette lighter.....and on top of all these......your satire....Superb Sir!!!

4. Cheeniya

Dear Bhargavi
    This is one of my sillier rambling on the colossal superstition of the film industry revived after four years! But I am happy to see that with the younger generation of actors and directors taking over, the level of superstition has come down. In that sense, this post of mine is a little out-dated now. I am glad that this post has still some takers. Some may even find it hard to believe that such a situation existed in the industry once.
    Thanks a lot for the appreciation Bhargavi. Nice to know that you enjoyed it.
    Sri

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You are absolutely right, Cheeniya Sir! Film industry is the most superstitious industry I have ever seen. To be honest with you, even inviting the falling actress is also superstitious. Unless she trips, they would believe that the movie won't be successful. The pooja for a movie start is grand celebration. The same way, the first shot taken will also be meeting the superstitious belief of the director. Whether the shot is in the movie or not, still they would take a shot that meets their requirement. I am glad you had a glimpse of those superstitious set of people in the film industry.

Viswa

6. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    You may be aware that Sandow Chinnappa Devar produced a number of movies with MGR as the hero. In his entry scene in all those movies, MGR would come in running shouting 'Vetri, Vetri!' (Victory, victory). And MGR was a confirmed rationalist! The renowned Director Bhim Singh titled all his movies with names starting with 'P'! Things have never changed. A short stubby beard and vermilion on the forehead is the distinguishing features of the modern directors.
    They are quite innovative in film making and have gone quite hi-tech too but they are unable to come out of this superstition.
    Sri

7. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I chuckled and flipped the page but WAIT! It is not a good omen to break the sacrament of landing on your article and not leaving a comment.

If your next article tanks you may blame me for my thoughtless act
    If your next article languors with censor board you may upbraid me for my sacrilegious act.
    If your next article hovers as a whiff of blurry thoughts and hazy topics on your think-cloud you may indict me for my negligence.

So here I'm telling you rather asking you has the sanction been lifted on naming the producer after several years? Good one, amusing and loved your entry on cheeniya's-day-out in tinseltown.

8. Cheeniya

Dear Oriana
    You may not even know that your nine lines (not counting the Dear Cheeniya) of FB have saved me from utter disaster. In any case, even if I run dry of ideas for my future Ramblings, nobody will blame you for your 'thoughtless, sacrilegious acts or negligence'.

To tell you the truth, I used to be an invitee for all the movie functions about two decades back as a couple of solid film financiers were my close friends. Whenever they got an invite for a film launch from their grateful borrowers, my friends would make sure that an invite had been extended to me too. I was choosy though about which function I attended. But whenever I attended one, I saw such superstitious traditions being followed by even the staunch rationalists of them. Even films that questioned the existence of God always got launched with a glittering Pooja offered to the confirmed money-spinning deities!
    Sri