1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ever falling actress!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    My God ! At 64, this is the limit !:wink:
    Vanity, is thy name *** ? :mrgreen:
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju
    Having forgotten completely all about that banana tree episode, I thought you were referring to Small B as a B tree and wondered what made you call him so!
    I must agree with you that the level of superstition is directly proportional to the level of the stakes involved.
    Btw, dont tell me you too belong to the elite group of sparingly smiling ladies! I always imagine you to be an ever smiling one, a kind of Aunt Dahlia, no matter what the worth of the receiver is!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Pray tell me 64 is the limit for what?:mrgreen:
    Sri

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Well, when I read your last example in your post on piquant situations, I was wondering "what all" you are upto. Now, I get an answer for my question !
    I realise, age and mind are poles apart & he:-D he:mrgreen: he :wink: - rightly so !:tongue
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    From your article, I came to know that 'even slipping, falling and tripping' is also considered as sentimental in the cine world, like lighting the lamp with a lighter.
    Sriniketan

6. Cheeniya

Dear Sriniketan
    Superstition can take any form but in cine field it can take extremely funny forms!
    sri

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    Great topic and ofcourse you have made the thread very interesting with your inimitable style. so nice to read all the wonderful replies and posts. ofcourse starting with the falling actress we are now touching the arrogantly henpecked to now "64" and vanity. Most interesting and captivating to read. thanks
    regards
    anandchitra

8. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    I am happy that my writing makes you happy! I hope that my lucky run with my humour continues till my end. I just cant bear to see grumpy faces around me!:-D
    Sri

9. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri

Still laughing...!

Like any other obsession, being obsessively superstitious can only make a laughing stock..But, I guess it is alright to be superstitious as long as it is not malicious. What's wrong with wearing a favourite dress atleast once( more than once would have been prohibitied by amma ) during the exams, or taking a lucky pen to write it or seeing a favourite person while leaving home..

It intrigues me that people who shun raghukalam, yamakandam as superstitious, don't mind swapping kitchen and bathroom for vastu reasons or adding an extra vowel( though meaningless ) in their names to make it lucky - this reminds me of a Crazy Mohan drama where SivaKumar will become SavaKumar to be numerologically successful!!!

-Gayathri.

10. Cheeniya

Dear Gayathriar
    That Savakumar example is very typical of Crazy Mohan. None like him to conceive such ideas. But I agree with you that carrying a lucky pen or wearing a lucky dress if it is going to boost self confidence is most welcome but if that is allowed to become an obssession, the want of such a lucky talisman might totally erode one's self confidence.
    Sri