1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ever falling actress!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji / Cheenia

I agree that we should make our best efforts. But I have seen that for success you need luck also. During my CA articles period I have seen both highly talented persons with through knowledge on Acts fail the exams and people who doesnt know ABCD of audits get through the exams.... Pls dont tell me that they concentrated more on how to equip for the exam...... Though there of lot of people with talents because they are not lucky enough they could not succeed.

Take the classic example of Sanjay Manjrekar or Vinod Kambli in cricket.... theough they were talented.... not lucky and it didnt help them....

So for success it is not only sufficient that you perform extremely well but also lady luck should smile at u.....:mrgreen: .

From my experience...

Veda

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sindhuja
    My daughter has absolutely no faith in Rahukalam and such beliefs. On several occasions, I have observed that the assignments that she has taken up in Rahukalam have been very successful. Rather late in the day I have realised that things go wrong only for those who believe in Rahukalams and Yamakandams. When they start something in Rahukalam, the fear and anxiety of having started it at an inauspicious hour give them a negative vibe which in the end proves disastrous. If you dont believe in them, you dont get any negative vibes and your chances of success become multifold.
    Years back, a lady known to our family had to go on a pilgrimage but the scheduled departure of the group did not suit her star or something. She had to do some pariharam like going on a parasthanam ( leaving home at an auspicious hour and living in another house). Tragedy struck this group when the lady met a watery grave on the way. Sad but this brings home the fact that if you believe in yourself and put your faith in God, the inauspicious hours can do nothing. To the devout, Naalum kolum enna seyyum?
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    In an average life span of about 70 years, it is not surprising that most of us want instant results. When we read the lives of great men who build up business empires from scratch, the period of their early toil does not leave as strong an impression on our minds as that part of his life when he is incredibly rich. Even in their lives , we find that luck plays a strong role but we tend to forget that luck favours only those who work hard. Some amount of luck is essential in our lives but to rely only on it is a great crime.
    Sri

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vedaji,

This is all a matter of personal beleif and expierences,so u are right,as i am and as Sri is.

Regarding the case of Kambli and Manjrekar, yes true.But in Kambli's case, he was very flashy and outspoken, like Shoaib Akhtar, and was always rubbing people the wrong way.

So people wait when u are down , and then they kick u out without giving u a second chance.

Luck has played a major part in my life, sure.but i feel we must work hard too.

Sri, i hope u dont mind i have used yr space to reply and put my views.

Thanks and regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

sri,

Agreed 100%.that we dont look into the toil that went into the making fo the tycoon.

Luck favours the brave ? Rightly said,we have to take our chances and calculated risks, and work hard,and somewhere a door will open.

Well said Sri.Regards.kamal

6. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    I understand that it is so difficult to choose between being an arrogant hubby or a henpecked one. But what does it matter what we are called? As far as I am concerned, I have chosen a midway. I am arrogantly henpecked!:mrgreen:
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Just because some people get through in their exams without much preparation, we cant take similar chances. And then the purpose of our study is to gain knowledge and not merely passing out in an exam.
    If through hard work about one in a thousand make it to the top, only one in a billion can strike it rich through a lottery! That shows the equation between luck and hard work!
    Sri

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHAHA.Well said.

You know yest papers said that there are 2 super lotteries to be opened this week in the States,and the prize money is like 200 million dollors.And the chances of someone winning is like 1 in a billion or something.

If we wait for luck to happen, most of us barring one or two, would die in penury.

Regards.kamal

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

The thread which started with the falling actress has come a long way from superstitions, luck,arrogantly henpecked to .....??? But this is what keeps a thread live right. I am enjoying everybit of it.:2thumbsup:

I believe that god helps those who help themselves first. So I believe you work your part of the bargain 100% and then expect lady luck to shine on you.

But here to contradict my own statement:

It so happened, that one of my classmates during college copied my answer sheet word by word, (which i was not aware :bangcomp:) and when the marks come that person got more than me and he told me with a smug, i copied u because you are the one who gets the highest in class. What played here. the teachers mood, my luck, the other person's luck....inspite of my hardwork......

10. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    Please wait until I finish spending that 200 million in my dream. Maybe I'll take a couple of days and then you'll have my reply. Right now I'm negotiating a private island off Bermuda :mrgreen:
    Sri