1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ever falling actress!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    It's a deal! While I'll take care of the Indian end of our business, you can spread the news around in Hollywood. I suggest that you make a beginning with Ashok Amritraj and Night Shyamalan! Sharing the booty is abolutely ok with me and you can gladly have your share of 0.01%:-D
    Sri

2. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sr. Sri,

Talking of superstitions, my BIL has a blue T Shirt which he wears while watching important (?!) cricket matches played by India - but still it doesnt work and they keep losing.

But the T shirt is not thrown away yet :mrgreen:

We all have our own quirks, dont we!!!!!!!

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chitra
    India might win when that blue fades into some obscure colour!
    btw, how r u? Long time no see!
    Sri

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHAHA.You are too much.Great one.You could write scripts for movies u know ?

there are people who get out of bed either right side or left side.

When Gavaskar used to to go to bat, he would be on the right side.Steve Wagh wore the same green Cap for 20 yesrs, though it was torn and worn out.

I am not superstitutious at all.what has to happen will happen is my motto.Why waste money on these things.:)

Great one Sri.Regards.kamal

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheenia

Nice article depicting the superstitious belief in the film industry. But it is there everywhere. Today people believe in this. Some are true, some arent.

I will tell a few instances from my life. When I start the day to the office, I always tell my wife..."No arguments" rather no shoutings...(I cant afford to shout back.... ofcourse:-( ). If something crops up at the time of leaving to Office.... then the whole day will be very bad for me:idontgetit: .

Similarly, whenever I talk to her on important issues or decision to take, I will know what will be the fate or rather outcome of the event from the first word she utters. She may get convinced and enventually agree for that event because of my convincing power!!! or on sympathy grounds poor guy spending so much of time & energy etc. But I will not be able to complete it even if I sstruggle hard, if she starts off with a negative note.... I have tried to break this jinx so many times in vain:bang .... The more hard I try, the harder it comes back at me...

Classic example, when I want to go for a night party with my friends and she is not happy about it and I was adament on that day my friend who might have agreed at 7.00pm to go out, will not be able to make it...:yes: .. I lost count the number of occassions this has happened.... And ofcourse she will be watching me with a mischeveous smile......

Above all, On a hot sunny day, if she tells me take an umbrella, it will rain today.... then I bloody well take an umbrella. Otherwise I will end up struck in heavy rain and will not reach home in time. Looking at my friend she will tell me this man is not worth believing and he will ditch... Infact i would have considered him as my best friend.... Alas as per prediction that fellow will ditch me.... Once I recommended for some of my friends for job. All of them put me in to probs.... Because of one person I have to quit the job...

Pls.... whatever i have written in not just for the sake of it... These things happen to me in real life on a day to day basis.

Having undergone all these things, nowadays I can know what will be the fate of everything, just talking to her.... If I am going to do something which I want desperately before itself i will tell her not to start of with a negative note....:2thumbsup:

So, what do you call this. Superstitious... But it is life for me....:mrgreen: and I have to live with it..... Ofcourse I enjoy this and no REGRETS:2thumbsup:, as I love my wife very dearly...

So, all superstitious belief in my opinion starts from somebody's good / bad fortunes I pressume.... But anything blindly followed is also not good.......

My little expeciences.....

Veda

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    I know people who even fall out of their bed because that might have brought them luck on an earlier occasion. Superstitions can even take extreme forms at times. I would tend to think that superstition is the hallmark of people who lack self confidence and people who rely more on their luck than on their efforts.
    That's why that you find more superstitious people among gamblers and speculators!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    From what you say of your wife, I have no doubt that she has some extraordinary powers which should be harnessed more for your own advantage. This is not a case of superstition. If she has proved more than once that her predictions come true, all you need to do is to heed her counselling! There is no ego involved here.
    Sri

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir,
    I enjoyed reading this article. My dad also see rahukaalams.
    So I guess, seeing rahukaalam is born with me. Before starting any new job, my mind automatically checks if that time is ragugaalam. My husband does not believe in any superstitious beliefs. He tried to change me. I also tried not seeing ragukaalams for two times. Once, I lost the watch which I bought during rahukaalam. My husband said it is co-incidence. So went out for some auspicious thing without seeing rahukaalam. Again something happened. So decided to follow rahukaalam atleast for auspicious things. But I do not talk about rahukaalams to my children.

Looking at those producers, I don't know whether to laugh or to think that If we are in their shoes (investing so much of money in film making) we would do the same??. But still, falling on the ground, just to make the movie hit is too much.

regards,

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

How true,that people rely more on luck, than effort.

I beleive like u, that we must make our efforts,regardless of the results.We must never have the regret, that i did nto do mybest.Rest is destiny.

Thanks and regards.kamal

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheenia,

Thanks. I have no ego conflicts. I normally accept whatever she says, but at times she has to push it little hard for me to accept:bangcomp: . If we dont listen to wife we ar arrogent..... If we follow we ar henpecked...:idontgetit: ..

Anyway, I dont know what I am, but for sure I know I love my wife & kids very much...... So dont want to divert from the topic......

Thanks a ton....

Veda