1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ethics of faking an orgasm :-)

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Rihana, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

I wouldn't say it's unethical but faking will result in more bad sex so it is better to be honest and work on improving it.

1 person likes this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Whats with today? I open the forum and three newest threads were about sex; orgasm, oral sex, and infidelity...
    Did last night had something magical? Something in the air? ;-):p

2 people like this.
  3. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Forgot? Its holiday season ahead... starting with Halloween ... Folks are setting up the furnace to heat up the cold season and fill the holidays with warm climate.. it all starts at IL :) Each one is contributing their stake.. thats the reason of these threads...
    ( Since this thread has started with "Ladies", I tend to fake my opinion if at all I need to give, if not I will keep on my opinion by myself :) )

3 people like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"Dress don't make you look fat" is perfect comparison. But about the paunch, one could say a white lie that it is not too big, but about 'definitely makes you sexier'... not so sure. :) That would be a black lie. :)

In my not scientifically validate-able opinion, many are against dowry but give and receive the same for whatever reasons in real life. To discourage the impression that the thread is voyeuristic, I encouraged folks to post their views, and not feel restricted if their actions don't match their views. :)

Yeah... it is not like one is faking a resume, right? Or, applying for a job? :) Faking in resume/job interview would be unethical... but in this case OK...

:)

5. Rihana

Really? Couldn't resist. :) I also was remembering that Seinfeld episode and of course Sally when she met Harry.

I think we have a quOtable quOte here. :)

---------
    Is nice to read the responses from the ladies. And also from the gents. Both the openly gents ones (forum id indicates they are gents) and the ones whose profile page has to be visited to check. :)

2 people like this.
  6. Rihana

IndianGuy, Thanks for your response. Infractions aaah?... now i am scared. But suspension for 15 days... that abstinence might do me good. Spending too much time in IL!

Nicegirlradhi, true, that sometimes we would be happy to be unhappy. And of course the male ego.. is best left intact...

"Make sure" reminds me of ads on the radio 'be sure to ask us about our buy one get one free promotion' for some reason. :)

and then there are some who care enough to open a thread here and ask 20 questions before marriage. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Ladies,

In the context of the average married Indian couple, what do you think about the ethics or morality of the woman faking an orgasm?

Maybe one of the following?
    - It is morally wrong.
    - Chee chee, Indian women don't do such bad bad things.
    - It is a white lie, nothing more.
    - Few Indian men care about the woman's pleasure anyway...
    - Honesty is the best policy
    - OK as long as MIL is unaware of it

None of the above?

Thread is not seeking responses of a confessional nature. Rather, what are your views on it? Think of it like the dowry practice. Your views on it might differ from your actions.

This being an online forum, please try to only share your views on the morality of said act.[/QUO

First thing we should ask is "Does women know when they orgasm or Climax?" What they presume to be Orgasm may just be Over- Excitement at times or Arousal.

If Yes - Women know what Orgasm or Climax is, then one of your 6 multiple choice answer will make sense

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

I think many men (Indian) nowadays do care about whether the woman has had an orgasm.
    And I wouldnt like to be dishonest to such a man who really cares.
    So yes honesty is the best policy.
    Like someone said if you are too tired and in no mood but dont want to hurt your partner its okay to fake once a while.

1 person likes this.
  9. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Lets take a typical Scenario and consider this talking about intimacy and sex is still a Taboo. Consider love marriage where the couple maybe comfortable talking to each other about intimacy ( I should say most couples here maybe)

But what about arranged marriage where the couples that get married don't know each other until they are married?

Coming back to my Scenario - As someone said some men do care about their partner being satisfied and if they have had an orgasm. But the question still remains. Does the Woman in question know what's Orgasm? If Yes, then she will say Yes or NO.

If Yes - Both are happy. The Guy achieved his and the Woman got one or maybe more than one in that time span

If No - Do you really think the wife will tell the husband " Oh I did not get Orgasm. Should we try again?". or " I did not get Orgasm. It's OK...you tried your best. Lets sleep. We have to go to work tomorrow". How will the husband feel? Will he feel like a loser that he is not able to satisfy his wife? Will that be on his mind forever?How will the wife feel making the husband aware that he can's make her achieve Orgasm?

Another Scenario:-

Once the sex is done, How many husband asks their wife " Hey Honey Did you Orgasm?" or " Are you happy". I remember one Episode of Seinfeld. I think its the same mango one where George is asking his girlfriend( Lisa Edelstein - Risotto girl) " Is everyhthing ok" and she says " Its not like after eating the Risotto". I don't think there are many husband that do that. They don't ask "Did you Orgasm" and I am sure there are many women who don't tell their husbands - If they had Orgasm or No.

Someone mentioned " about hitting the spot". Does every woman know where the Spot is? Its the "7th letter of the alphabet". Does men know if this spot really exists. Its like a Mirage in the desert some say. I personally believe it does exist. But finding it is like finding Alibaba's Cave

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  10. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

i dont think its wrong..ironically faking an orgasm while there is no real one actually helps to get a real one sooner. i think its kinda encouraging the partner while in the act. some ppl even suggest kegal exercise while making love..how about that? let the energy spent be beneficiary in one way or other:biggrin2:

2 people like this.