1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Eternal Myth

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir cheeniya
    Bishop Berkeley must be sneezing in his grave... He was, by any standard, a genius and was casually known as the "Absentminded Professor.......now Do Imagine sir cheeniya often walking around in a dream, colliding with people and furniture.....?...??....just like the dear Berkeley .
    I was thinking the other day of describing a dream of mine.....IL as a big mansion...the door opens with a grinning cheerful Vijima drapped in her elegant pattu sareee, and Chitvish has spread out a lot of goodies on the table....and my fav. Melted chocolate oozes froth looking at me. Far by the fireplace is Sir SRI in an antique rocking chair throwing twigs into the angry orange flames ...yes he has a shade of Berkeley in him, except he is the Indian version.
    Breezes in kamla and Aruna, chattering away to glory.......yes they had a bad drive home, Cheeniya greets them with a broad grin.........we hear someone screaming from the bedroom....yes, it's our dear Satchi, her recent surgery has made her stick to bed and she,s really hating it but there's our soft vjbunny rabbit by her side....reading read aloud fairy tales....while kamalji shakes his head in utter sadness at the evils which plague the society....and so goes my dream

Mega

2 people like this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear nice dream, thanks for adding me also among the great writers of IL. You must have also dreamt our Mega with a bouquet full of roses

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Megalife
    All philosophers have to be absentminded. Their minds should be able to stray past the present to engage in thoughts concerning past and future. While their minds are absent from the present to look at the deeper ramifications of life, it becomes inevitable that the furniture and people come in their way to get knocked around. In fact, I have knocked more furniture out of my way than any other member of my family and hence they call me 'The Philosopher'. You must understand that I earned this sobriquet not through my ability to philosophise at the drop of a hot but through my immense capacity to knock things around!

Now coming to your dream, I would think that for someone who can see the roses flirting, this dream is just run of the mill. Vijima in a pattu saree, chitvish trying to find some extra space on the table for her goodies, me in a rocking chair (hope not a rickety one), K & A chatting to glory, Satchi screaming softly so that the bunny doesn't get disturbed, all these are ok. But the biggest incongruity in your dream is Kamalji thinking of evils of the society and nodding his head in sadness when he is surrounded by so many ladies! He must be nodding his head in admiration and agreement and you probably mistook it for his sad disapproval of the evils of the society. I must request you to get Berkeley out of your mind when you deal with Kamalji!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    Whoever dreams in IL, you'll surely figure in it. Such is your sway over our members!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mega and my dear Anna , you both have made my day. You all know that I am happy with small pleasures in life.

1 person likes this.