1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Eternal Myth

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear OJ
    In Tamil, there is a famous saying that an ostrich buries its head in the ground and thinks that the world has become dark. Don’t ask me why an ostrich and why not a crow. It is probably because that ostrich has a long neck that it can comfortably bury in the ground without troubling other parts of the body. But that is beside the point. I am merely referring to this habit of the ostrich to draw your attention to your own standing with IL.

I am really surprised that you pretend to be unaware of your circle of ardent fans in IL. I know how much they miss your writings and whenever we meet, you are the numero uno in our discussions. Leave the others. Take me for example. You’ll never know how badly I miss you in IL. And Kamalji who keeps mentioning you from time to time. But does this matter to you? I am forced to think that nothing can ever touch your heart. You value your own standards and your own sufferings a lot more than how others miss you and want you to come back. At some stage, I had to give up pleading with you.

If you read what Iyerviji has to say of your absence immediately after your post here, you would know what I mean. Iyerviji has stated it in her own simple and honest way. I want to tell her that the high and mighty OJ will not put in his appearance in answer to the prayers of a simple soul like her.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

I am sure that OJ da will listen to the prayers of a sister. I may not be his blood relation. But I am sure he will listen to this virtual sister and write here. In IL i think yourself, Kamalji and Oj da as my virtual brothers.

God made brother out of love and gave him special ways of adding fun and happiness to ordinary days
    God gave him lots of charm and wit, a sense of humour too thats why there is something unique in things they do, for a brother is a person on whom you can depend, and when God made a brother, he made special friend

OJ da we should always find time to realise that there are people who mean so much to us. Cheeniya Sir and Kamalji are your best friends. So I am sure you will definitely start writing here.

Reading the above lines I am sure OJ da would listen to my request and will definitely come and write

With regards

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And would I be wrong or way off if I said we observe only what we want to see? As I try to understand the concept of keeping myself out of a situation to develop objectivity and observation, I have to say that this cyber world is such a fascinating place and has helped me in more than one ways! Forget IL or other chat rooms, never a day goes by when something someone has said on face book does not induce a reaction in me. I often catch myself screaming 'who cares', 'yeah right!' or 'there, finally something to ponder on'. It is with amusement I observe my own reactions and it is too much work not to form opinions about all those people based on their reactions - but something to work at!! I am always amazed by people who think what they feel matters and post it anyways....especially in places where they know people personally. I often wonder what are they trying to achieve? Are we so parched for appreciation, good will, camaraderie that a like received on what we said makes our day? From this perspective I agree, we need to start being more human in the 'roles' we play in person.

Do you think this difficulty is what lures people to cyberspace and makes it appear so easy and that too with a larger audience? It is a world that is screaming we know who you are, we can help identify with like minded people...come on over!! Imagine the ways the ego, the sense of self, is getting satiated Cheeniya sir!!! Needless to say just like in real life, some of us are fortunate to have found the same kind of love and acceptance - who wouldn't want both the beautiful worlds?

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri:

I am not high and mighty. I am more like a lost soul, running after perfection in an imperfect world. You might even call me a rebel who is constantly quarreling with God for making him so imperfect. Perhaps I will try to write again, but I am worried at the same time. Not about fb's, my complains about fb's are more in the nature of a joke, though I feel perturbed sometimes. I am worried about the quality of what I produce. Even if you say it is good, I want to keep on revising, knowing fully well that I cannot possibly make it to perfection. Who am I to strive after perfection in a world that has seen the likes of Beethoven or Mozart or Abdul Karim Khan?

Incidentally, can you please tell me why the photograph I inserted in my fb didn't show except as a link? I am writing up something that has several photographs in it. If I can manage to finish it, I will upload it here. But unless the photographs show properly, there is no point going through the exercise.

All the best.

oj

5. ojaantrik

Dear Pashenka:

I feel ashamed of myself to read your fb. I must try, if nothing else, at least to make my sister happy.

Love.

oj-da

6. ojaantrik

Dear Srama:

Perhaps you are right in your observation. However, there could be exceptions too. I think there are people who could appear in cyber space simply to watch what others are doing. There could also be those who write, in cyber world or elsewhere, for the pure pleasure of writing. Of course, appreciation does make them happy I am sure, but accolades may not be the sole objective of writing for many bloggers.

ojaantrik

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oj da

Why should you be ashamed? Sorry if I have written anything wrong. Waiting to read your write up.

Regards

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your feedback Oj-da - this is the first time I am interacting with you but have read you and read your other interactions as well. So I hope I can continue calling you like everyone else.

I agree with you totally
    and I always marvel these people - I have had the fortune of knowing a couple of people who have written a book or two because they wanted to! And then there are others like me who try writing because there is a platform available and other feed backs gives more food for thought (notice not accolades) and hence the clarity that I am trying to seek. I was speaking generally in terms of FB updates. And folks who write for accolades are very interesting too and I marvel at their ability to churn out such lovely stuff that can reach the masses. To put it mildly Oj-da, I am intrigued, surprised constantly and in awe of us, the Human species :)

And oh I read in some thread perhaps that you are in our parts of the world. Welcome and hope you are enjoying your stay despite the heat!

9. ojaantrik

Thanks Srama, I agree with you. I too am intrigued and surprised by humanity. There are people like Cheeniya who can rise above all kinds of pettiness, who exist (it seems) for the sole purpose of making people happy. (I am convinced about this, whatever he has written so far has convinced me about this.) On the other hand, there are people like me who are hard to please, come what may. Worse, they are themselves unhappy with whatever they do. And then you have the Viji's who can teach you in the simplest of languages the whole purpose of life.

Yes, you are right. I am in Philadelphia now, paying a long held up visit to my son and daughter in law. It is certainly a little hot, but my wife and I are so used to the Indian climate that we are not particularly affected by this. Every afternoon I go out for a long walk despite the sun shining in all its merciless glory. I come back sweating, but feeling happy that I have lost the calories I badly need to lose. And then, today, it began to rain without notice. I was totally drenched and stood under a tree trying to protect myself as well as I could. :drowning Then my dil called to find out where exactly I was located and they picked me up in their car. It was fun though. Tomorrow onwards I will check the weather forecast before I go out. :rotfl

oj-da

10. ojaantrik

Give me some time viji. I will see if I can produce something worth posting. Of course you said nothing that was wrong. I am ashamed because I should be ashamed. oj-da