1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The cutting edge

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, May 10, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I took the role of the hair-stylist for my daughters (when they were young) (forget their comments on my initial cuttings..."Amma, why are you giving us the boy's haircut..:rant) No doubt, my daughters sought professional help later on during their teenage years..:)

Don't ask me what style I did to my son during the initial stages...it is left to your imagination..:wink:

When I see some strands here and there later on, after his hair-cut, I make him have another hair-cut the next day, to correct it...to which my dh comments, you always take a week to cut his hair..batch by batch...:notthatway:

I also got a chance to give back the same comments to my dh..(usually I don't do it..but it came by chance na...who will let it go..haha)

While he was mowing as always during the weekends, he left a patch here and there and finished off his job for the day. I thought maybe he is tired and he would mow it down the next weekend..still 2 weeks passed and there was no sign of that patch to disappear..so I took the matter (read as lawn mover) into my hands, last weekend and made that patch disappear..:thumbsup

When I was mowing down the patch, suddenly the comments he made for the hair-cut to my son, came to my mind and told him about it later on..."you also did the same thing to the lawn over here..leaving the patches to be mowed later"..

What kind of expression you had expected from him..luckily..it was nothing but :rotfl.

sriniketan

Last edited: May 11, 2010

2. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri, when I saw your post, I was reminded of the first time I cut my son's hair. He was hardly 2, but sat quite well for his haircut without a whimper. What started as a slight trim ended as a complete tonsure :) Till this day, my husband eyes me warily when I take the hair trimmer in my hands and the look he gives my son very much resembles the pitiful looks a sacrificial goat receives at the altar :)

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear srini,

i must say your kids are quite paavam for letting you experiment with their hair.I am not surprised at the girls getting it done outside now ..:biglaugh and you too have a lot of patience.how come you were okay for two weeks seeing the undone patch..I must learn that from you Srini.:thumbsup:thumbsup

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini
    Comparing hair cut with lawn mowing..............hahahahaha
    I know when 1st time I came out of India the rates of hair cut was like we use to have hair cut for 6 months in India, especially for kids. So i went and brought the hair cut machine and started cutting DS's hair at home as the machine was cheaper them 1 haircut:) aboard.
    As he use to always have like military cutting so it was easier for me to do so did it for a few months but later cleaning all that small hair from the ground oh the mess....:biglaugh:bonk
    The next time he was taken to the barbar with a long lecture who asked you try the experiment at home and all to save a few dollars......hehhe

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini,
    What a brilliant comparison of " hair cut with lawn mewing !!! I was giggling:biglaugh on reading your post .
    A home hair cut can either be a tremendous savings or a potential disaster. Many people assume they can cut hair easily, but without the proper preparation, a bad hair day could be only moments away !!!Even though a home cut may be sufficient, it is still best to seek a professional’s care until both the cutter and the cuttee are comfortable with the idea of a home trim or cut.Once I ventured this task with my son's hair. After I finished my job ( thinking that I had done it beautifully) the immediate comments I received from my DH is " Elipondhukkulla thalaiyai vitta a maadhiri irukku":rant. I took an oath at that time not to try this task thereafter.
    with love
    pad

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sriniketan,
    Perhaps this cutting edge experiment would not have materialized if you were in India.
    Nice comparison of hair cut and lawn mowing!
    My daughter had long and thick hair and once upon a time was admired for that. Now she had also cut it short as it had become thin and short. No proper maintenance.
    Love,
    PS

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan Ji,

You have acutting edge over your DH also.. You could try your hair cutting art on your daughter and son and I am sure this art went off with the increase of your children...

FUnny post..enjoyed..

8. Sriniketan

Haha..same here too..Sujatha..even though hubbies don't even try to trim our children's hair, there is no limit to comments and the looks na.

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

There is no other way for them at that age...:biglaugh
    ha..ha..there is nothing to learn from me...the secret behind that so -called patience is nothing but, the patch is on the back of the house, and the second reason, I am not able to start the mower, but to get help from him to start the mower..haha..

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

You are right Aruna...it is also expensive here..that's why trying our hands in that dept. too..alongwith the comments...I am not professional na...so adjust to this style..:biglaugh
    I am still confused why barber gave that lecture for a military cut..I think he takes pride in his job..:thumbsup:-)

sriniketan