1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Curious Case of Pencil Case !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Jan 7, 2015.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

@ Parineetha

Liked the way you have used pencil,rubber,scale etc as characters to convey the message.

The life of the rubber reminded me of how I used to rub his face against the wall to make him fair once again,the wall acted as the best fairness cream!!

...the efforts taken to hide the bits, he shredded..OKAY, let me only talk about good memories here!!

Once again, good work! Looking forward to read more from you!

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Parineetha,

You are sort of breaking a record with this snippet! If in doubt, peep into FP and you will see IL'ites in queue to nominate this! :)

When a lovely snippet appears, it is truly encouraging to receive such appreciation, makes writing worthwhile. Looks like your Pencilla besides teaching few lessons on how to live has also managed to paint a big fat smile on her creator's face?! A truly lovely piece, enjoyed reading it immensely. You have put your heart and thought into it. I guess if one looks around with more attention, there is much that we can learn even if it is something as small as the pencil we write with, the erazer, ruler and the pen! Don't we always compare a giving person to a candle which burns itself to nothingness while spreading glow around?

You surely have joined the thinkers with this essay such as Paulo Coehlo (Pencil Story) Even Vijima's quote from the net shows that thinkers like you see much much more in a pencil, erazer and the lot!

At a time when one is miserable seeing the atrocities in France, the thoughts you spread with your Pencilla, Rubbert, Penny and Scaley comes as a soothing balm!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi!

That was very kind of you Satchi..Thanks a lot coming and for such lovely words.

4. parineetha

hehehe...thanks Akanks! I get all weird expressions form friends around for grinning at my laptop. For me that close up smile is always plastered to my face :)))

aha! so all this while I did not eh? waitingsmiley

:)))) So when is your next release?

1 person likes this.
  5. parineetha

Oh yes Kamalji! How can I forget it, once got hit from my hindi teacher on my knuckles for bad letter writing …No wonder scaley is a rude girl in my case too..hehehe
    Thanks a lot for this lovely feedback..You’re also one of them who keeps one ton ice on my head that I often fall sick…but yes I’ll keep writing...Just that I'm a little lousy.

6. parineetha

Dear Srama,

Thanks for your kind words.
    Oh yes! Pencilla is delighted too for having such beautiful painter as her friend.
    also, Pencilla hushed me that I ask you to put her sketches on paintings forum… U see, she is a little sad that u don't intro her here :biggrin2:

7. parineetha

Dear Balajee Sir

Thanks a lot for coming. What is said is soo true, but the human mind is tuned in such a way, we yearn for validation and approval from others rather happily doing what the mind and heart says.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@parineetha , neetu wow, you could condense the whole gist of life into a pencil box..what more can i say. amazing metaphor. lagey raho as satchi says..

1 person likes this.
  9. parineetha

Dear Jaya Mam,

Ah! that was so nice to hear…I’m extremely delighted that I could make feel so young :)))
    Wondering if they had chosen the most talkative person for blade, remember they say “Aiyo semma blade poduran avan” hehehe

Leave alone the future generations, today I had to do a lot of paper work with IT proof submissions and my handwriting looks terribly bad having lost touch writing with pen/pencil. The way the electronic media is taking the world with its storm, I don’t see the chances of pencil/pen surviving.

10. parineetha

Aha! See who’s talking about creativity? Someone who could etch your hearts with her poetic words talks about mine. Unfair Scorps!
    But glad that you like it :))))