1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The correlation between the Syrian refugee crisis and the abandoned Dove at my house

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Sep 10, 2015.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A couple of days back, a beautiful white Dove sought asylum at the balcony of our house from our neighborhood. Probably she was freed from a cage, or escaped the cage, I don't know.

She came to our place alone; Perhaps, her partner would have run away upon releasing/escaping to somewhere else.

The dove was starving and looked nervous. I gave her some food and water as emergency response. Then I started family tracing; hence inquired everyone from the neighborhood about her partner.

This is where people started giving me their opinions. Sadly, their opinions somewhat influence in any decision we make at home as a family. That includes caring for this dove as a pet too.

My mother says, Dove is a symbol of holy spirit. Since I was struggling in the last few months with confusing thoughts of evil spirits and black magics (in association with other issues), God must have sent an holy spirit to bless us. She also linked an example from the bible, where a Dove appeared when Jesus Christ was baptized, and it is believed as the holy spirit.

Whereas, my mother in law has a different opinion. She says Dove is bad luck. That too a single Dove like this is a bad omen. It could take away all the wealth out from the house.
    So, she is against allowing this dove to settle at our house.

My neighbors then volunteered with their opinions as they casually meet up in the eve, and have some coffee chat with mom and MIL anyway.

They too have mixed views, superstition, religious, health and other practical concerns about us as well as the dove. Which is now greatly influencing our decision about this bird.

This incident made me think about the recent Syrian refugee crisis in a different way. If accommodating a tiny dove inside my house has this much politics, how much it would be for the EU countries to accommodate millions of Muslim Syrians? B

Because some of the IS militants or other extremists could also invade into Europe with the refugees?
    The EU's fate and future could be challenged with this? who knows???

This small incident got me think about this crisis beyond humanitarian conditions; hence posting here for your views.

Attached Files:

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Re: The correlation between the Syrian refugee crisis and the abandoned Dove at my ho

SGBV, after the dove in my house and another friend posting pics of a fantail dove in her house, you are the third person talking about a dove in your house. Only the one in my house was not a white one. Coincidence or what?