1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

THE CORPSE LOVE STORY - Episode 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 4
    That was the tears I was least bothered about. Yes, I was not bothered. I led Arun to an open balcony which was in my bedroom. I didn’t have words to speak. I wanted Vinod to feel the pain and betrayal. Other than that I didn’t have anything else to speak to Arun. I stood gazing at the flowers, outside. There was a still silence.

Arun broke the silence, “ So Megha, do you like me?”
    I stood still. I nodded.
    “I wanted to hear it from your mouth.”
    “Yes”
    "Do you want to ask me anything?"
    "err. I am not sure. I guess I am nervous"
    "Ok. Then, there is lots more to talk and share. I am sure we can do that after our wedding. I am a pretty busy man and I dont intend to romance before wedding. Hope you dont expect much from me in this."
    "Sure"

Arun left.

I stood there for some time. I heard Dad's voice and Anitha came looking out for me. I spoke to her and she asked if I like Arun. I nodded. She asked if she can tell that to my Dad. I nodded affirmative.

Anitha ran down. "Uncle, she said ok for the wedding. She is happy about Arun."

I stood near the balcony and wanted to look at Vinod. I couldn’t see his face. I saw him walking out of my home. I knew I hurted him. And because of that I took this decision. There is no way back.

Marriage was fixed. It was just another 6 weeks to go. There were lots to do. Semester exams and marriage tensions. I was not involved in the marriage hungamma and was asked to concentrate on my studies. Though was a bubbly girl outside, I knew how it was paining. I didnt even want to see Vinod. But wanted to ask him once, atleast once why did he do this to me? What did I do to him?

It was a staurday after that. Raji's mom had invited us for lunch. Anitha was invited too. I had been with Veena. After a while Veena left home and promised to pick me up from there later in the evening. We had a chit chat and a stuffing lunch. That was a good time.

I never thought that I will meet Vinod again. He came in the evening to pick up Anitha. And I was also told by Veena that Anitha will be dropping me home as she was not able to come. On the way from Raji's home it was Anitha home which came first. So we had to drop her. I was dropped next. Vinod was so silent when he drove the car. We were nearing home. I wanted to break the silence and wanted to question him why did he take me for granted. But I didnt intend to open up.

He stopped the car in a small tea shop and asked me if I wanted some tea. I nodded NO. He picked up a cup of tea and sat next to me inside the car. Meanwhile he opened up his purse and gave me something. It was my picture taken along with Anitha.

"Its not right on my part to have your photo anymore. Please take it.",. he handed that over. I took it too and tore it into pieces.

He looked at me. "I know now Megha , its no more a point and prove what I wanted to tell you. But, if you could have given me a chance. What did I do to you? I do accept that there was another girl in my life. But, I have not left her for you or see you in her place. She is no more with me now. I am not sure where she is and no contacts.

She too left me for something I seriously dont know the reason behind. Its been 3 years I waited for her. But, its of no use. I saw you and liked you.

I loved you. I love you too. Now without a reason I am thrown out of your life. I am sorry if I had hurt you in anyway". He wiped his tears.

What did I do to him? I didnt give him a chance to speak and sit her listening to him after I spoilt my life by myself.

"How could you...........err... I am sorry!", I had no words.

What did I do to myself? I was trying to recollect what he told me that day. He said, " Megha, I just need to confess your eyes made me your slave.No wonder. You just resemble Rita.
    I want to tell you something about a girl who was in my life before you. Her name is Rita. She was my 10th std classmate and we had been going around for 5 years and until we broke up.

Today I found you, in the place of her. You are filling my heart with happiness and glory. Thank you Megha."

So it was my mistake. What a late realization. I made a mistake. I dug my own grave. I broke his heart. But did I? How could he say that I was replacing Rita. So it did mean that he was not experiencing something new?

I was lost in my own world. He interuppted me. "Atleast let me pour out Megha. Though its too late but listen to me and tell me what is my fault.

Rita was my class met and we had met each other in tution classes. We liked and then loved each other. It was for 5 damn years we had been together. It was during our final year of Graduation, there was a college tour. We had been together. Both lost senses and out of the world. May be I should say we were fully drunk and sloshed. But I was sure that nothing had happened.

I am sure of it. Though she is too. She was with the gals and I was with the boys. And just formal chit chat and fun and nothing so personal. We went back to sleep. But, the way how it was communicated to Rita's family was like we had been together etc.

We didnt have a clue who that was and how did it go about spreading about something that has not happened at all. It was too late. Her family bursted. We tried defending. She was converted Christian and my parents were dead against.

You dont know my father Megha. Its hard to leave him as he has shown so much of love. But when it comes to culture, customs and religion he doesnt care for his beloved ones too.

Yet, I never gave up.I had nothing of my own. Just not even a job and not a degree too. I was dependent. Rita's parents forced her to quit college. For another 2 - 3 weeks it was hell. My parents too didnt allow me to go to college and finally when all were set, I found that she had shifted, moved to a different place. From that day my search has not stopped. But, I found a new suprise, something better in the name if YOU... and now I have lost that too.."

I couldnt control or take it any more. I bursted out. I cried and hugged me. He pushed me away. He got off the car and asked for a cigeratte in the shop and started to smoke. I waited. But he stood outside and it became not one or two it was around 8 - 10 cigerattes in a span of 1 hr. I got out of the car and as usual took a rick and left home. I knew by then I have to do something.

Now life turned even more miserable. Vinod started avoiding me. I gave lame reasons to go to his home to meet Anitha. The moment he sees me he either shuts himself in his room or leaves outside. The pain was unbearable.

I messaged him one day after a period of two weeks, one more month to go for my wedding with Arun. "Vino.. will you take care of me and will you accept me if I come only for you. I am ready to come out for you."

There wasnt any reply. But, it was the last day in my college. Anitha was not there today as she had her last exam the next day. But when I came out I met Vinod. He had come to meet me.

He had completely changed. His dressing sense has changed. He was wearing a white jean and a red T shirt. Dashing with his looks. I loved the way he looked.. Yet.. the smile had disappeared.

He asked me to get into his car. He said he wanted to confirm something with me. I prayed it should be positive. But.........

2. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

very interesting, I have read all your stories and I really like the way you write, do keep writing!!!

3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Very Interesting Sapthu. I am checking IL every Hr to read the next episode :)

4. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Very interesting Saptu...
    Waiting for the next post...

Shanti

6. phenox

phenox Silver IL'ite

this is simply gr8

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oho no..so she is going to elope??

8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

good one sapthu..........

9. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one... Waiting for next... :)

10. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Sapthu!!! Good One....

Why can't you post some 2 or 3 episodes in a day???!!! :p

I know what I am asking is too much!! But I simply love the story!!!

Keep writing!!! :)