1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The cool palce Munnar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shobatharun, Nov 11, 2009.

1. shobatharun

shobatharun Senior IL'ite

Munnar town located in the Idduki district of India's Kerala state.Munnar is believed to be derived from the Malayalam words 3 rivers.The Madurapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala joins and make Munnar. Munnar is surrounded by vast jungles.
    Munnar becoming a choice destination for foreign as well as domestic tourists.tourist activities include boating (in the reservoirs of the many dams), trekking, parasailing, hot air ballooning and camping and wild life safaris in the jungles and sanctuary.
    Munnar's mesmerising greenery, mountain scenery, calmness and cool refreshing air attracts honeymooners. altitude of 5000 to 8000 Ft above sea level. A trip to Munnar is a journey through picturesque surroundings, but the most sought after offerings of the estates is the unbelievably pure air.

Places to be visited:

• If you are an adventure-seeking traveler Paragliding will thrill you more.

• The Evarikulam National Park is 16 km from Munnar is a home for elephants,This national park is the home of elephants, lion-tailed macaque, and the Nilgiri tahr ( only 1800 mountain goat are left in this world).
    • Marayoor is 42 km from Munnar experience the peaceful ambience and enjoy the beauty of a sandalwood forest.
    • Madupetty is a popular picnic spot and travelers can indulge in activities like boating and horse riding here.
    My trip to Munnar was so beautiful...all the credit goes to my ravel agent Mr Mathew.He planned very well so that we dint have any problem...:cheers

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the details about your Munnar trip, glad to hear that you had a gala time.

3. shobatharun

shobatharun Senior IL'ite

Ms Lalitha that is my travel agents number.If any of ILS likes to visit they can contact him.That's y i gave the number.

4. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hey shobatharun,
    We had been to munnar during our college days. But We had a bitter trip since there were fight between friends and oh yuck!! I hated those leeches; though people claim it just sucks your bad blood.