1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Classic - Brothers - parents spending issue

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meghaa, Oct 23, 2013.

1. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Right. I understand. I did not mean to say that you would do so. I just gave you the reactions for all the alternatives you have at your disposal.

By the way, there are some brother and wife combinations that make sure that in-laws attend to only their children and to no one else. I am glad you are not one of them.

2. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

That's why the forum exists :) But you have every right to object if you think your husband is spending beyond the accepted limit of "spending on parents/in-laws".

3. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Funnily enough, Megha, I'm exactly in the position as that of your co-sis. :bonkIn-laws got visas, parent's under process. Pregnant & on bed rest SIL in another state and wanting them to come to her for equal time. (Small diff is I think my husband is paying everything.) God knows, I need help, especially DH. Yet I'm doing the sweet talks like, "it will be good if they go to SIL, she and her DD must be missing them, no one can take care of them here, etc". :rotfl DH is :confused2: about what to do. He asks me and I say its completely your call, its you who need help, I'm more than satisfied with what you are doing for me :kiss

1 person likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear op...if they are going to be at BIL's place ,you could buy tickets for one side and they could buy the return tickets. Since in laws will probably be visiting both places every time they come...this would set up a precedent for future shared expenditure by both brothers. If your husband feels he has to do it...let it go.Let the BIL buy gifts for them and take them around or sightseeing.