1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Case of the Curious Pimple

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Case of the Curious Pimple

I have been recently writing blogs of the troubled times, pessimistic ones.So let me cheer you all up, like Dilip Kumar, the Thespian, used to act in Dukhi and sad movies, till his Doc told him, act in funny movies, or u will go mad, and that’s when he started to act in comedies like Kohinoor, and Ram Aur Shyam.So I too don’t want to get mad,so here goes.

Papers have reported that 3 Air India Airhostess have been laid off recently, fired is the right word, for being overweight.these 3 were given a warning for the last few years, to reduce the weight to the limits set by the Airlines, but well the battle of the bulge won ultimately, and they were fired.Rightly or wrongly is another matter to be decided by the courts, not Kamalji !

One of the Airhostess told the reporter “ You know, there is so much food and drinks in front of us, I am tempted to gorge (if that is the right word to use) , but we have to control our weight, otherwise we are shown the door.And we cant drink before 12 hours before going on duty, so our eyes are on the watch most of the time ( Do good girls drink !!!).

And it is not the weight alone that get these good ladies in trouble.If u have 3 pimples, u are grounded for 3 months and then again reviewed.( what does that mean ?) .

I was on a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>KLM</st1:stockticker> flight to Amsterdam in the early ninties, on my way to Spain.The flight instead of taking off at Midnight, took off at 7 am, and I was sleeping on the floor of the Mumbai Airport, just like u see the guys sleep on the Railway platforms.I had had my quota of Whiskey at home, and some lovely fish too, so I was too sleepy, and did not care too hoots who saw me.Kept the strolley under my head and snored off peacefully, till rudely awoken.

Many had cancelled, so the flight was almost empty.The Airhostess asked me, at 7 in the morning, sir what would u like to have, I said get me Tea please.She got me Tea,looked puzzled, at my request, said sir I can bring u wine, whiskey, whatever u want, I said are u mad, at 7 in the morning how can I have whiskey, and she pointed out some Indian group sitting back, who had polished off one bottle and were onto their second one.

Well, I asked her, can u show me the business and first class, I have never seen them before, and she gladly took me inside.What can I say, I was floored, so much legspace, and so well done, and she said, sir shall I upgrade u to the business class, and who am I to refuse a free offer.

Feeling lonely, I called over the airhostess, and asked her name and wrote in reverse, and she was floored, and told me write boyfriend’s name, then her mother’s etc.She came and sat next to me, and we had a great time chatting and talking, me with my silly banter, and she was in splits.

I was curious to know her schedule, the time changes, and how they adjust.She said she keeps her watch at Amsterdam time always, and eats and drinks accordingly.So if it is lunch time in Japan, and it is night in Amsterdam, she will go to sleep immediately, so that her body clock does not go haywire.

She was damn pretty, and damn sweet, and I complimented her .She said, Sir, I am not pretty, see I have one pimple, how come u did not notice it ? Does pimple make a lady ugly I asked her ? And there are many things to see in a lady other than a pimple, surely !

When the males look at Madonna, Rakhee Sawant, Katy Mirza,Sania Mirza, do we look at pimples ? I would be interested to know the answers from the males out here.

But well I guess most ladies are like that.Two years back Pushpa was going to Singapore and Indonesia to meet her sister.The embassy wanted special passport pictures, white background, non glossy paper.I told Pushpa, to come with me, to just one place that takes out such pics for the embassies.She kept dilly dallying for a month, till I fired her one day.

She said papa, I have a pimple, so I was ashamed of takingout the pic bcs of that, and I was waiting for it to go away.I burst out laughing, I said u mean the <st1:country-region><st1:place>Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> embassy will not give a pimpled girl a visa ? The photographer when I told him this, too laughed, and showed us, thru digital technology, how they can remove the pimples from the pictures through color shop.

And when fat can come out on the surface and belly dance, must not the pimple be curious too, to come out and see the world with his or her own eyes.And better a pretty young pimpled air hostess than a grandmotherly obese one.what say Guys !

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamal
    I must confess that I became deeply engrossed in your analysis of the problems of fat air hostesses. Looking at the way you were making light of the pimples, I thought that you would make an effective pimple-defender if the hostesses signed you up as their counsel.
    I have personally never entertained any animosity against pimples and always smiled them off indulgently. But for these pimples, the poets of yore would never have compared a girl's face to the rugged moon!

I found your piece very engaging read until I came to the last sentence, " And better a pretty young pimpled air hostess than a grandmotherly obese one.what say Guys !" It is quite blasphemous that you have referred to 'grandmotherly' ladies so irreverently! In fact, at one of the Tambola gatherings, the conductor drew number 88 and called it as 'Two fat ladies', I fought with him fiercely and made him withdraw his words! There is nothing more soothing to the eyes and more settling to the frayed nerves than the sight of a fat lady ambling along with a poodle! Who can ever be more adorable than Martha Wilson, the doting neighbour of Dennis, the Menace!

Having spent my years of infancy on the laps of fat aunties, the least that I can do is to defend them!
    Sri

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Sri,

tod drag the great Sri from his liar, and make him comment requires a tremendous blog i suppose, and thanks for commenting on this light hearted one, and u have done Boni, the inaugauration, which bodes well for this rather suilly piece of mine.

Your comments would make an equally great blog Sri.Well i have nothing against fat Aunties, i have so many of them,but given a choice, u know, the pimples win over the fat ladies.HAHA

For me, the food whopuld be good on the flight, and if given my dose of whiskey, after that all the ladies look the same to me really.

Do people go in flights, to travell, or to ogle i wonder? And fat is good, i like the southie actresses like Rambha, who would fail as an Airhostess, but i find them charming at the right places Sri !

So pimple or Fat, as long as the price of the ticket is reasonable, i will take that flight.

thanks for the lovely FB, coming from u that is great.You made my day, and night too , as i will have an extra one, so dont be surprised if u burp tonight, that is yr friend kamal remembering u.Big Laugh

Thanks and regards.kamal

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,
    welcome back to humor.....even i was thinking, too much of crash downs and pessimism around...surely by now u know we all like u as the "fun" kamalji only...sorry :hide: but u got nominated for a serious post recently,isnt it.......

nice reading your post, and cheeniya sirs reply too...

at your dds age a pimple is a huge thing..i had a friend during my college days who used to bunk college whenever she had one:)

regards
    Mindi

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  5. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

It is good to be back to reading and enjoying your humorous wiritings!

To men and women beauty means different things. Well, why just men and women, but even between two women beauty may have a different definition.

But when it comes to the final selection, the person with a heart of gold wins hands down. Or so I think. I agree that the heart of gold must come in a decent looking package!

SS

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kamal Bhayya
    Glad I read this and assured myself my brother is back to form.. What gives?? 2 bottles of whiskey for one:rotfl

I could relate to your feelings on just being in the business class and taking a trip down the aisle and then settling down too!

I totally agree with the last line.. On some pimples too look nice! I am sure your beloved daughters would disagree:)

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Do good girls drink? Kamalji you are a real MCP. If good guys like us can drink why not good girls? I suspect our notion of good girls has been shaped by bollywood. In the movies the good girls dont drink. Even if they have a drinking scene at the end they say they were pretending to drink and just had diluted coke. On the contrary Helens and Bindus guzzle booze and even smoke on the screen! Real life is different. Drinking does not necessarily make a girl bad.

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Reading your topic, I wondered if you had a pimple problem and was thinking of parcelling some jadibhutti to JaipurBig Laugh!!

Well yes as Air hostesses , I guess the main idea is to observe some fitness regime. I mean we all know that knocking off a few pounds helps you knock off a few diseases too.

And your tactic to reduce your boredom by involving the Airhostess and showing her your skill was interesting. Imagine Kamalji, what if she had decided that she wants to see you writing the entire family clan names of ancestors etc, I believe you'd have to take the return flight back with herBig Laugh

Good post Kamalji!

Regards,
    Devika

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamal ji,
    Thrice i started to give fb for this post and somehow hesitated. I must admit i loved ur doomsday prophecy, hope u write bit more abt indian stock market.
    I infer from this post ,u r lady charmer. U were able to entice a young cute stewardess, made her feel conscious of benign pimple. That means she had flutters when she was conversing with you. Great ability, salute to u.

This is a free world , i loved ur sense to go for pimple .
    May God bless u.
    Jaya

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

When people nominate my serioyus blogs, i get distracted and post more of those.
    But now that u like my light blogs, as did Cheeniya, then again i shift this side .HAHA

Bunking college for a pimple.wow, something new for me.

Thanks

kamal