1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Call

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 2, 2020.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Though I was expecting that news for last few days, I didn’t worry till the moment it became final. There are lot of rumors floating around, let me not worry about it till it comes out in black and white was my mindset.

When I received the call about it, I was speechless. ‘Okay..’ I mumbled and kept the phone.

Truth was that I’m not prepared for it. I didn't expect it to come true.

‘It’s okay.. we can handle this…’ my husband said calmly. But no , I couldn’t even visualise it.

I could see my kid making a mess in the name of school assignment. My best friend was calling me for taking up a crochet challenge. There were so many messages in our apartment whatsapp group regarding the safety problem. World was moving on.. But my mind refused to come out from the shock.

Would I be able to cope up…What if anything happens...who will take care of kid

I know I have to think next…

‘You need coffee?’ asked my husband.

I nodded my head and went to washroom to fix my face. But my boss’s voice kept on echoing in my ears ‘You are expected to come to office from Monday. No more WFH.’

‘I have been habituated to WFH ..now how am I to work from office…’

P.S: I know many are in essential service and braving to the world. Big salute and massive respect to them.

This is just a piece of imagination based on the office rumor that we are supposed to be in office from Monday

Rihana and lakshya2018 like this.