1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Brown Shade Blues

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I don't view this as politicxal satire. My attitude rather is to point at the racists who are not aware they re racists. Here it is about racism manifesting in our daily life.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

There is a simple term in the US called "White privilege". While some are very proud of enjoying that benefit, others shy away from such special treatment. Some even question the blacks and browns treated differently than the white. The funny thing is in India, the color vision is not based on race, religion, caste or creed but simply because of the liking for the white complexion. No prospective bridegroom is hesitant to mention "fair" as a requisite for a life partner besides so many other requirements. It is interesting that it is only demanded by men. If women were to make that same choice, most men will remain Bachelor for life. May be they need to demand fair-complexioned men as groom so that India can generate more Vivekanandas.

Viswa

Balajee likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Very true Viswa the obssession with white trabscends, caste religion and what not. I don't know why people want their wives to look like wax dolls.. I think wheatish complexion is more atteactive. Womenb, you saee are more realistic. They see whether the prospective groom has a good job and is well settled besides whether he has bad habits that could wreck the marriage.