1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Blossoming of Hope

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 5, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]The monsoons are finally here. After three months of sweltering heat, the smell of wet earth and the grey light outside brings joy to the parched mind.

I am transported back in time to my days as a student at the University. The campus was large sprawling with buildings harking back to the British era. In between were vast tracts of land which were covered by trees, shrubs and thickets. All through the summer they would look bare and bone dry. It used to be agonizing to walk from the department to the canteen in the day time. Come evening a lot of the public used to turn up in the parks to enjoy some evening breeze.

Come monsoon, and the entire scene would change. Within a week one could notice the appearance of little leaves on the trees. I can never forget that scene. Like the early crocuses in spring, these leaves bring a feeling of joy and the expectancy of seeing everything lush and blooming once again. Whenever that used to happen, I used to remember the meaning of the word "hope".

Hope is the sight of a bud about to bloom, the sight of the crocuses and the daffodils springing up after a white winter, the appearance of the rising sun, the crying of a new born infant, the gurgling and cooing of a baby, the sprouting leaves on the bare trees.....

On a lighter and more day-to-day note, hope is the fact that generation after generation continues to get married even after witnessing the fate of others before them. And the ultimate triumph of hope over experience is a person getting married the second, the third and the nth time over.:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh Elizabeth Taylor was a living example of this.

Recently I came across a poem by Lisa Mueller quoted in the book "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch.[/JUSTIFY]

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Sachi,

Feel good to read..
    Yes hope is the element for all of us to continue our journey in life:thumbsup

Nice write up and the poem is really meaninful

GO GREEN
    Cheers:thumbsup
    'SS'

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

it is hope that keeps a guylike me going too, hoping more people will comment on my blogs.:rotfloterwise this writer would ahve died long back, taking his thoughts to the grave, for the ghosts there to rave.:rotfl

See i am becoming a poet, bcs of the hope, that one day the queen will invite me to Buckingham palace to knight me as the biggest poet of all times.HAHA

Yes a great blog, the hope of Elizabeth Taylor had me in splits, so true.

But as u enjoy the rains, waht if it rained all the 365 days as in Cheerapunji, remember, the wettest place on earth as taught to us in the school books.As those people living there, they would lovingly trade places with u in Banglroe, and u go stay in their place, having a bath everyday outside, not worry about teh water in the taps.HAHA

ironical, taht what we crave for, some ahve in abudance and are tired of it all.

But Bill Gates is not tired of his money, nor is Ambani what say.HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Sats.........very nice to read this beautiful article on "HOPE" on a bright week's beginning !!

Simple and elegant style of writing is what captures me all the time when I get into reading your articles !!

Good show and I "HOPE" to see more of this kind throughout the coming weeks !!

5. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi Ur writing brings hope that the life is still going in the hope that things ll change to best. :bowdownLisa mueller quotes are meaningful and brings hope too. Elizabeth taylor:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes Satchi dear we all live on hopes. Nice poem. I also second Sudha. Thought provoking post and when you write there is something to learn.

7. satchitananda

Thanks so much Uppala.for your first feedback. :)

8. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

hi satchi dear
    excllent writeup and the poems lines are superb,i too enjoyed your journey.it was really wonderful to read your post.you narrated excellently:clap

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi

That sounds like a typical monsoon break over God’s own country! The first rains are as beautiful as the first snow. You tire of them only when you have too much of them. Carl Sandburg, the great American poet and writer said “The fog comes on little cat feet”. That’s the beauty of snow and fog. They revel in silence but I love noise. Noise of the kind that rain makes. It’s sheer music! Whenever the raga of rain, Amrithavarshini, is essayed by a competent artist, I get transformed to a different world. After all, nothing distinguishes Earth better than the season of Varsha. It is a time when the sky sheds tears as a penance for torturing the earth with intense heat. I do agree with you that the sweltering heat of summer leaves the mind parched and that makes the first rain, a great symbol of hope.

Nature responds to the first rain with a great sense of aesthetics. We just limit our response to it by unfolding of our umbrellas, mercifully of different hues but Nature starts throbbing with new life. She bares her heart to the Heavens in a riot of colours. It symbolizes the revival of the dead. It symbolizes continuity. It symbolizes hope. I cannot describe it better than in your own words, ‘Hope is the sight of a bud about to bloom, the sight of the crocuses and the daffodils springing up after a white winter, the appearance of the rising sun, the crying of a new born infant, the gurgling and cooing of a baby, the sprouting leaves on the bare trees.....’ The beauty of hope is that it is never ending.

A beautiful piece of writing Satchi. It engulfs me with a serene tranquility. Blessed are those who see hope in the change of seasons.

Sri

10. satchitananda

Kamalji,

Firstly, aajkal snippets ki kadki chal rahi hai (snippets is at a low). Generally speaking, viewership and number of responses are suddenly lesser. So don't feel bad. You are not alone. As for your rhyming abilities, I told you some time ago, it is not at all bad. :cheers

As for rain throughout, Kamalji, I come back to the philosophy of "dwandam" :hide::hide::hide: It says that there has to be duality for anything to exist. Good exists only in the presence of bad, tall only when there is short and so on. Similarly, rain can only be appreciated in the presence of spells of no rain and cool weather in the presence of hot weather. So I guess, my sympathies with the people of Cherrapunji, except for the fact that they have greenery all the year round and as you said, no water shortages. Just step outdoors and presto!!! You have had a good natural shower. So I guess they should also not complain. And whenever they want to enjoy a dry spell, there are plenty of places which will suit the bill all over the country. :):):)