1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Blame Game

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by leenatitu, Dec 17, 2008.

1. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Finest Blog Contest - Dec 2008 - Winner!

Click here to see the special gift for this Finest Blog.

"Kindly assemble for an Official meeting at 3:00 pm today in the main hall which will be addressed by our MD". Rdgs,HR Dept.

I was a sort of overwhelmed, confused, anxious to know the jest of this unusual mail from HR which popped out of my e-mail box. Is this something regarding any new projects lined up, I was so happy to imagine about the perks, incentives, increments, appreciations that I might be entitled once I or rather we , finish that project. I felt so nice that my body and soul had a new flow of happiness. I wanted to take my family for a vacation at least this time for sure. I could imagine the cheerful face of my better half with a grin on her face. At that time my monitor screen started vibrating. In our office we should not give more work for one of our six senses - hearing. Hence we are requested (forced) to put our handsets on silent mode. My wife was on line. Oh god she has decided to live for 100 yrs. I just smiled on that thought and decided to answer that call and tell her about the yet-to-start meeting. I successfully passed on my tone of happiness to her too. She wished my company and me all the very best. On that note, we said good-bye. I had a look at the right hand bottom corner of my screen… oh it showed 2:30 pm. Half an hour more to go to hear the good news. I thought why not update my knowledge base on world’s happenings. I logged on to the world news in the Internet. I could only see recession, cut-offs, lay-off, oh god I pitied those job losers and the so-called Top managements who merge their in-efficiencies with the global crisis. I was telling in my mind… come people come and have a visit in our company and learn the strategy on how to improve your efficiency. See our management has asked us to meet them at 3:00 pm to disclose the winning of a project even at “this time”. Again the feeling of happiness gripped me. I felt on top of the world and patted my back for being such an optimistic soul. Suddenly my monitor screen showed me the long waiting time 3:00pm. I made myself ready to go for the meeting and turned off the monitor. I know, by now you must have understood that I am an energy consumption saver too.

My colleague, the accounts guy , came to accompany me for the meeting. He asked whether I had predicted any thing about the meeting. I was already over flowing with positive thought and decided to share the same with him. But he seemed repulsive. I said oh god could people be like this too. He was full of melancholy fluid flowing through his body. I somewhat decided not to even look at him fearing the loss of confidence. By that time, every other employees of my company gathered eagerly wanting to hear the ‘good’ news. Then our MD came in sight. He as usual ‘warned’ every one to switch off the mobile. I heard somebody crippling about this. I thought what’s wrong in that man…. Lets listen to the ‘good’ news without any great disturbance.

He wished one and all. In turn, we wished him and mine was the loudest. I could predict some changes in his voice. His voice sounded like my accounts guy’s. Our MD ‘explained’ us about the ‘global crisis’ and how it had spoiled our business and revenue generation. Thus forcing the top management to decide on job- cut offs, salary cut offs. He was about to read out the names whom they had decided to bid good-bye. My heart felt as though someone had poked it with a sharp knife. I could very well feel the pain. I could no longer stand on my feet. I needed some water. Oh my god .. I am the only bread-winner of my family.. Would I be able to manage this so called ‘global crisis’ which would affect my local life. Now I looked at my accounts guy with a sorry face for hating him for few minutes. There was pin drop silence in that area. The MD started to read out the ‘nominees’. I heard my full name . this made me to shrink my self to an unknown shell. I thought, hey man I greeted you with such a loud voice, at least you could have considered that if not my 1 yr of loyalty, determination, sincerity, revenue generation record. After this ceremony, I decided to go home immediately, even thou the final good bye is 3 months long. I really needed time to think about this or really to forget about this. Lots of questions peeped up in my mind. I even doubted about my future existence. What a positive person I was before this so-called ’meeting’.

A week flew by and I came back to normal living. I really wanted to analysis this worse situation. I spoke to all known knowledgeable people, browsed the web, watched the news channel then came to a conclusion that ‘global crisis’ had nothing to do with the present company I work for. Then I understood the blame game played by the management to shut down the firm. This company had stopped performing much before 8 months itself. The so-called ‘Top management’ had implemented this ‘business strategic’ to hide their in-efficiency in running their business by covering it with the terminology ‘ global crisis’. Now I understood, their blame game and firmly decided that nothing would influence my optimistic approach to life. I once again became the same young energetic person…. And you know what I do right now… updating my profile and sending to the perspective customer to start my own business. You gotacha….

Rdgs,

Leena Dharani

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

I could not write anything after reading this post. I can thoroughly understand the pulse of the writer.

What a joy he had at first & I also wished that all the dreams should come true. But slowly it went to the wrong side and the accountant's voice is a precaution for a bad situation. But the MD played the final role.

How he managed the situation - God only knows. But the blog ended in a positive way.

All the very best for your future venture and I wish best of luck to you for your new role.

3. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Swathi,
    Thank u very much for ur comments. This is my first blog entry as well as first story/snippet writing. I wrote this only today morning to post it in IL , and you know one thing i have been checking the blog for nearly 30 times after the post jus to see whether any comment has posted. You made my day/evening. Thanks a lot once again.
    Rdgs,
    Leena Dharani.

4. Shubha Balu

Shubha Balu New IL'ite

Dear Leena
    At the outset I would like to congratulate you on your first blog of your life! It is wonderful indeed.
    Seriously, this global crisis (in fact the prefix "global" IS a misnomer) is taking its toll on us all! I mean, give us a break! I dont understand the logics behind recession in our country for products made by us and services rendered by us to suffer recession!!! Its really distressing! Are we so US-dependent?

5. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Dear Leena,

Congrats for making the first step and its indeed a wonderful blog ... You made us 'feel' what you had written. A very very nice narration. Keep writing dear.

Love,
    Amy

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Leena I am proud you could be so upbeat and continue the optimism inspite of these adverse challenges.. good one!

7. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shubha mam,

Tk u for your encouraging words. :)
    The only buzz word i could hear in my office is "cost cutting". This word is really driving me nuts.... As u said, this global crisis has decided to take us a ride atleast by word sake.

Rdgs,

Leena.

8. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Amy mam,

Tks a lot for your appreciation. That was like a tonic for me. Now that , i have decided to write more. bonk.

Rdgs,

Leena Dharani

9. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear AC mam,

I am a fan of your articles. Tks a lot for ur positive comments.

Rdgs,

Leena

10. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dear Leena,

Wonderful blog, Yeah i agree with you the word global crisis is what we can hear everywhere now and not to forget cost cutting and layoffs which is affecting so many of us.

My best wishes for your future endeavour.
    Goodluck
    Prems