1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

The Bird Language Of Northern Turkey.

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by GeetaKashyap, Sep 23, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

After learning about the 'Song Names' of India, know about the highly skilled whistling- the Bird Language, used in Northern Turkey to carry on proper, full fledged communication between far away people in this hilly area. The 400-year-old whistled language is part of the region's cultural heritage and has made its way onto to the UN cultural agency's list of endangered languages. Enjoy! upload_2018-9-23_0-12-24.jpeg

Adharv, shravs3 and BerryPine like this.

2. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Interesting isnt it.. I too have seen this video recently. After a few reading and research and to my surprise in India Eastern part people use bird language-Whistling.

Tfs^_^

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, @BerryPine, for commenting here. The Indian video shows the unique ''song names" they all have and use. I had posted here about it.The Village Of 'song Names' In India.

The Turkish people have an entire communication system using whistling, which I think is very advanced and it is used parallel to verbal communication.