1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Fat Clinton Wedding

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

[SIZE=+0]The Big Fat [/SIZE]<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city><st1:place>Clinton</st1:place></st1:city> Wedding

I don’t read this kind of news, today Harsha was telling me, that the papers say, the <st1:city><st1:place>Clintons</st1:place></st1:city> spent some 25 crores for the wedding.Big deal eh ! when u stay in <st1:country-region><st1:place>America</st1:place></st1:country-region> u talk of dollors, u earn dollors, u spend in dollors. So in dollor terms this was a wedding costing 60 lakhs dollors , what is so great about it ?

This pales in front of Mittal’s wedding , which costed in Indian Rupees 250 crores or so.There was a wedding in Jaipur of a marble fellow’s daughter , where Shahrukh Khan, and Ricki Martin were called and they , as the papers reported were paid something like a combined 12 crores or so.U can imagine what the total wedding must have cost.

My family attended many years back a wedding in Mumbai, where who’s who was there of the film industry, where functions went on for a fortnight, half a dozen 5 stars were fullof the guests, where my brother said he had never seen bigger Tiger Prawns than the ones he ate there, and he said kamal I was remembering u very much, and I had a mind to pack some food for home. It is another matter, that the family now is bankrupt and hand to mouth.

People have money for weddings and how ! Most beg borrow or steal, but a grand show must be there, better still if the girl’s side foots the bill all the more better.In our family, the expenses on the functions are spilt half, for all the functions, and the jewellery the bride brings, equal or more is given by the boys side.There is no dowry at all.The minute they ask for dowry or even a hint, the proposal is called off. Our girls go on merit , not on the strength of money.

And I found the controversy over the Guest list amusing.Just imagine President Obama not being called over ? He was gracious enough to give the second most powerful position to Hillary, even though she was his main opponent in the elections. Height of ungratefull ness, so I feel.

Marriages are made in heaven, I have heard,.but I see them screwed up on earth !

Was watching amar Akbar Anthony on TV the other day, and I was surprised to know I still love the corny movie.

Just imagine if I was the producer of the movie, and I were to tell my friends, andu blogger friends that I am going to make a movie with a story like this

1) the brothers don’t know each other, and come and give blood to the poor woman , who is their real mother, and the blood is directly going from the veins of the 3 sons direct into the veins or artery I know know what is what,.the blood not being tested for any disease, and wheither it is the same blood group or not ?
    2) that the lady is blind and by going to pray in a temple, the God will make her see again, where by two lights from the eyes of the God, will go direct to her
    3) That a snake will appear and he will prevent the villains from chasing the woman.

I am sure u would have told me the producer that u have lost your marbles, and do u think we are that kind of a fool to go see the movie, everyone would have laughed their heads off, while I later would have laughed my way to the bank !!!

===========================================================

Now i am copying Dr.Madhvi, who posts flowers pics, i am posting some random pics clicked from my mobile, lets see if u like them, they cant make a seperate blog , but may add to a blog who knows.

THE MILKMAN BRINGS THE MILK IN THIS JEEP AND SELLS IT IN OUR LANE. WE DONT TRUST HIM AND BUY THE GOVT SARAS MILK.
    [​IMG]

NEIGHBOURS DAUGHTER ZORA CARRYING A STROLLEY BAG TO SCHOOL.SHAMEFUL THAT THEY PUT SO MUCH LOAD ON KIDS. FIRST TIME I AM SEEING THIS,MAYBE U HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE I HAVNT
    [​IMG]

Thanks , ladies and Gentlemen, have a great week.And now smile with these silly jokes of mine, SMS forwards, not mine.[​IMG]

KAMAL MAHTANI

===========================================================

In this world everyone makes mistakes.
    But only a wife and a Boss has got the gifted talent to
    Finding, Remembering and Reminding them !!!

What is it that the Doctor writes on the prescription, that only the Chemist can Read ?

That I have screwed him, now u also do the same !!!

A man with his tool in a Woman’s mouth,
    Can be a Dentist too !!

Socho sara Hatke !!!

An economist explains his reasons why a man should have two wives

First to break the monopoly
    Second competition gives better services !!!

Judge to Girl –

When your rape happened three days back, how come u filed the FIR in the police Station after 3 days ?
    Girl – When they gave me the cheque and it bounced, then I realized I was raped !!!

Lovely lines ever said by a Man

When I was born, There was a woman to hold me, My MOTHER

I went to School a woman was there to teach me- my TEACHER
    When I became depressed a woman was there to share my troubles, my GIRLFRIEND
    I needed company, compatability and love, there was a woman there for me MY WIFE
    When I die a woman is there to absorb me in , MY MOTHERLAND
    If u are a man, Value every Woman !!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

In tamil, there is a saying "veetai katti paar,kalyanathai panni paar"

Constructing a house and seting up a marriage is always a difficult task. (my own experience too:))

People always tempted to spend one level up on the marriage than they actually are.

And to the photos, I too never have seen school children carrying trolley. Poor children

3. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

I too read Clinton's daughters marriage in newspapers..
    It said that Obama's coming is kept secret for security reasons..
    We dont understand the logic of politicians you know :bonk
    They could have another party for Obama alone spending xxx dollars..
    This is all politicians tactics..:coffee
    And regarding Zora's trolley bag,yes i have seen school childrens wearing it on their shoulders in bus/train if you try to shout/scold them if they misbehave though this bag is burden it sometimes acts like weapon too they push you with their bag and act as if its crowded :biglaughand say "Sorry,Dhakka math karo'
    Abhi tho bachey nahi Shaithan paitha karthey hai :hide:(Just for fun)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    You are the only sindhi family I know who doesn't take dowry and shares the wedding expense... I have a lot of sindhi friends and I know that even the boys side reception the girl's parents pay for apart from the diamond jewelry that is expected to be given to in-laws... I really cheer you and your family for this... I really hope you can influence more people to stop these ridiculous customs....
    I've seen quite a few kids with these trolley bags.. sad.. why even my son carries such a heavy bag to school and I'm always screaming at him that one day I shall check what he takes!!!
    K

5. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Kamalji, yet another great thread by you.

I agree that people should not spend beyond ones means for a wedding. No dowry should be exchanged and expenses should be split in half. I have a few friends the week in MNC's and make good money. In spite of that the boys side wanted dowry. I find that very greedy on the part of the boys parents.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Trust you not to miss covering the latest news of the world!

Well, we cannot be complaining about the Clinton's wedding. Apparently, Chelsea's was not the biggest wedding of the week! If you don't believe, check this news item out!! Atleast Clinton was the ex-American president, but these were our own desis!
    The wedding that made Chelsea Clinton's big day look downright small

The little Zora really has a luggage to take to school, poor sweetheart.

As for your jokses, the last one really saved you!! Or else....:rant

L, Kamla

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba,

First of all let me apologize for the late reply.so sorry.

Yes they say in North india too, that try make a house or organie a wedding, u will come to know.

Yes people go overboar onn marriages, which are just a one night stand, and somuch hard earned money is spent, takes years to save it though.

Thanks dear.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prettina,

taht is a pretty comment.

Well Obama's wife and daughter went toSpain for a holiday, maybe miffed at not being invited to the wedding eh !

Kids using bags as weapons eh ! HAHA.First time i am hearing it, and could be true, though i have not expierenced it yet.HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

yes Sindhis are notorious for dowry too, but they say it slyly, in us we share everything equally, so the xpense on the boys marriage is the same as that on a girl's but we go overboard with the parties, haha.and the cltoehs and the shoes etc, we men , dont spend a penny make do wtih whatever we have.HAHA

First time i saw a trolley, and i was surprised myself.poor kids.

REgards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear BeeAmma,

Yes it is fair that both sides share the expenses of all the funtions.And it is shameful to take dowry.That means, that when a girl is born, the parents are sad they will have to give dowry, and vice versa eh !

Shameful.

Regards

kamal