1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Feelings are those that have no words to describe them. —

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 25, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

First experience is what makes us learn so many things and gives us opportunity to make friends

A Person Tired & Fed up of Life asked GOD: Why So Many Mountains & Hills 2 Climb in Life?

GOD Replied: ”TO HAVE A BETTER VIEW OF LIFE”…..

Remember, Smooth roads never make good drivers! Smooth sea never makes good sailors! Clear Skies never make good pilots! Problem free life never makes a strong & good person! Be strong enough to accept the challenges of life. Don’t ask Life “Why me?” Instead say “Try Me!”

Whatever I am today is with the experience I had in life. When I came new to Mumbai first experience was going in a crowded train. Some days I used to forget at the right station and had to come back. Getting into the crowded trains used to be very difficult but some how used to manage. On the second day when I arrrived only I got a job.

I was the only South Indian lady among all the Christians. They were all so friendly with me. Once I had forgot to put M/s when I typed some name of the party and my boss scolded me telling if I had to call you just your name with saying Miss so and so how you will feel. I felt so bad and started crying. One of my colleague said he tells everyone like that , if I was in your place I would ahve told a Rose will smell good whatever name it is called. All the friends used to be very loving and help me in my job. The bosses also were very good and because of them only I got promotion from a Typist to a "Steno and then to Senior Assistant. I can never forget them and the lovely days I had in that Company. Whenever I feel low I sit and think of those lovely days and feel happy. It was like a family. Just like after marriage everyone goes to different places, after we left the Company we all are scattered in different places but still we are in touch.

Just wanted to share with you all my lovely days.

2 people like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

I liked those lines aunty. It was true!

For everyone, first job would be so nervous. I remember mine, i was just got a job as a tele caller (which i actually do not like much) but just for experience and not able to sit at home after my college, within one week i got this job through my friend's referral. But the time when i joined, the accountant madam took leave for one week, so as an accounts student, new joinee they asked me to do both!?! I first struggled a lot as i have not done any banking thing practically. I did my job for 15 days and in between i got a good opportunity in an MNC so l resigned my job within 15 days.

On the last day when i was showing the accounts reports, summarising the incomes and expenses, there was a deficit of Rs 500 in the account. And i was scratching my head in the late evening how did i miss? which entry i missed? My MD's father in law was in charge of the company when he went overseas. So that old person (around 70) was a strict officer, he told me that he will relieve me only if i find the differences, or else he said he will deduct that 500 rs from my salary ( salary itself was 3000 rs and for 15 days you pls calculate, that too deducting 500 rs) OMG! i was totally fed up and started crying inside the bathroom. No woman friends are there at that time. No other friends to console. I was so afraid. And finally the helper boy came to me and said "madam, yesterday you gave me rs 500 for print out and other misc exp, do you remember?" i was like so happy and thanked him for the timely help.

The old man advised me saying "you should always make a note of every expenses you did, which is the foremost quality of a good accountant" these words i am still practicing in my day to day life. i thanked him and relieved from there.

1 person likes this.
  3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Vijima a very beautiful post..Your posts always rejunevate the mind..:)

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Bhucat dear thanks for stepping in . This was my first job in Mumbai. In Hyderabad first I worked as a teacher and then as a Typist in a firm. The Company I joined in Mumbai for them my old Company were distributors. So I got jot immediately in Mumbai through my ex boss. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good that helper boy came and told you and saved you. We always learn from our mistakes. Anyway you got the opportunity to learn the Accountant job and also a good advise from the boss which is helping you in day to day life.

T

5. iyerviji

Thanks Sri dear , glad my posts rejunevate your mind