1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Feelings are those that have no words to describe them. —

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 31, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happiness is not what is happening around you but rather what is happening inside you Most people depend on others to get happiness but the truth is it always comes from within. There are things that we dont want to happnen but have to accept, things that we dont want to know but have to learn and people we cant live without , but have to let go

It is very painful when daughters get married and go to their in law's house. It is more painful when they are far away and out of town and mothers will agree with me that how it will be when daughters stay abroad. When it is time for the daughters to get married some daughters dont like to go out of town and want to stay in the same town so that they can meet their parents often. When daughters disagree to marry someone out of town my husband always used to say its ok for you to get married to someone who is in the same town but what if later they are transferred to some other place, then you have to go or not. So no use agreeing to marry a person who is in town. My elder daughter got married and had to go to Dubai as her husband,my dh's nephew was working in Dubai. So somehow had to console myself that she had to go.

My younger daughter got married and she was just 10 minsaway from our house. We were happythat we could meet sometimes. In the beginning her husband alone went abroad and stayed there and she was working here. But two and half years back he had to go on a project abroad andsince they had a daughter too , he took my daughter also abroad and she had to resign her job and go. They are staying in London now. Atleast Dubai is ok because we are able to meet people and my dh agrees to go there but only for a month. But London he wont agree because there it will be difficult for him to stay. Not only that my elder son in law is my dh's nephew so he feels at home there.

This time I enjoyed more my stay in Dubai as my grand daughter has grown up and used to entertain us at times and sometimes used to feel sorry for her because she will do some mischief and get shouting from her mother. Her mother is very strict as her father does not shout at her and she should not get spoilt my daughter is very strict with her at the same time she loves her and gives her love and affection. After being strict also my grand daughter does the same mischief and will say if papa hits I dont get hurt, if mummy hits I get hurt. I always used to take her side so whenever she does any mischief she will come and tell me so that I will talk to her mom. But you know now a days youngsters want their children be disciplined so grand parents should not go in the way of the daughter and grand daughter. My son in law was saying hewill take a permanent visa for us so that we can go anytime when we fell like but my dh is busy here so does not like to stay more than a month. If I had a chance I would like to stay for 3 months there. Everyone was saying you are staying only for a month its a very short time.

Now though I have come back to Mumbai, to my sweet Home, that also was a sweet home but cant stay there permanently, I am not able to forget the sweet memories and the days spent with them. While coming back our luggage was heavy and also our hearts. In India our close ones can come only till outside the airport but luckily in Dubai if we pay they allow them to come inside. Both my daughter and sil came inside and it was good that they came because our luggage was overweight. If my sil had not been there I would have got worried and nervous and would not have presence of mind. But he was cool removed the extra baggage and traferred it to hand luggage. Earlier I had packed the suitcases , when he saw he said you can fill more in them and he only packed it, so he knew from where to remove. I am glad and lucky to have such a loving and caring sil.

Luggage was more because we bought gifts for children, for myd h's friends who are sixty plus and they are like a family, for our close friends and relatives . Daughter and sil also purchased many things for us. She gave me a knew mobile where I could put 2 sim cards and also its a touch phone. Beginning I did not know how to use but somehow now I am getting used to. Whenever we go to the mall my sil will buy something or other and tempt me also to buy.

Love is not about how much you say I love you.But how much you can prove that it’s true.

6 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

As always good one vijima...and very touching...somehow i get a feeling that this time more than your daughter you are going to miss your grand daughter ...right???
    :)

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear you have made my day with your first and sweet fb. Yes dear my grand daughter is never quiet and always goes on talking sometimes my daughter gets irritated with the questions she asks. Ya I am missing her very much .

1 person likes this.
  4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Aww Vijima, I can see all the mixed emotions you’re going thro now.

The eyes gleaming with sweet reminiscence of the time spent, the lips forging the contented smile of homecoming, the face beaming with hopes of reconciliation, but but a part of your heart still sulking is what I see.

Me and my both sisters were away from home ever since we finished schooling, we have seen our Amma battle out with her emotions when we were leaving home one by one. She had always tried to put up that super excited look on her face saying we gals have to aspire big and never worry about her. She will stack everything in heart and camouflage it on her face. I wish I was like her, But I’ll cry in buckets every time I board the rain. Me staying in India is purely by choice, so you guess what would be the case if I had to move out of India.

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Neethu dear true really missed my loved ones and it took time to settle down . You have nicely narrated my feelings which I could not, three cheers to you. Ya mothers miss their children especially daughters after marriage, so I can understand your mother's feelingsThanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma, after reading ur post i feel that my mom will also feel like u. She would also miss me. Really heart touching ma. Mom daughter relationship is some thing great. No body can take a daughter's place.

1 person likes this.
  7. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I feel very emotional reading this post vijima. I have settled in another city after marriage. All my paternal cousins stay in the same city where their parents stay. When they were looking for alliance for me they wanted me to be near my parents only. But fate had other plans, I got married to a person settled in another state.

Last week there was house warming ceremony of my aunt for which all my cousins attended except me due to tickets being unavailable . And even today there is a birthday party of my cousins daughter for which everyone will be going. Just sometime back, was speaking with my mom and she was feeling sad that I am being left out.. I felt heavy didn't know how to react.

Everytime I go to my home, my mom feels so happy and loves to do shopping with me. Otherwise she feels bored to go for shopping with my dad because he is never interested to accompany us while shopping. And whenever I return back my mom has a heavy heart. I feel helpless because this is what fate has decided for me.

Could relate to you so well reading your post.

1 person likes this.
  8. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Wow what a wonderful punch line at the end! Awesome Viji Ma

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@sindmani dear I dont know how I missed ackowedging this fb. Everyone says noone can take a mom's place and you are saying noone can take a daughter's place. That is also true. Ya dear every mother misses her daughter because she gets married and goes away from her.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@iamsrihere dear sorry to know you are staying in another state . My daughter also got married near our place only but now she is staying abroad. Thanks to modern technology . True dear when there is any function mother and daughter miss each other when they see other mother and daughters being together. I can understand your feelings dear because I also experience the same

1 person likes this.