1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The 'Best' Diet!! :-))

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Neetz, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Neetz

Neetz New IL'ite

funnily enough,no one will be able to believe their ears or eyes,when they see this post.

it is as if the perfect diet has been sitting under our noses all the while,and we have not noticed it!!

this is what i did,to lose 14 kgs in the past 3 months,and have just another 10 kgs to go.i did minimal exercise,which included suryanamaskar[not regularly],walking a bit here and there,exercise cycle rarely,and the whole point is ,i just kept myself busy,as much as possible.

it is very simple.cut down on salt,sugar,oil.how do we go about this?

stop eating processed foods like kurkure,noodles,salted potato chips etc...they have huge amounts of salt in them.also reduce the amount of salt in your cooking by half,you will be amazed that the food tastes even better!!eat a pack of ur fav salty food once a month,as your reward.

stop eating sweets,soft drinks,chocolates,icecreams.if you dont know abt this,one bar of chocolate has atleast 10 teaspoons of sugar.imagine what icecreams and sweets can do to your system!a softdrinks like pepsi also have atleast 10 teaspoons of sugar in them.mango juices and the like,are full of sugar.

so i switched to a low calorie sweetener,bought and stored lots of honey,have more fruits whenever possible,and reward myself with a pastry every month.this is a healthy way of satisfying your sweet tooth.

from the health point of view,also,processed foods have preservatives and they are basically dead foods.we get no life from them.instaed,make it a point to have a health drink sometimes,something like bournvita,boost,horlicks etc.your body needs the healthy ingredients they provide.if u feel it is expensive and a waste of money,just cut down the rest of the unhealthy foods and buy in that money! :))

next,stay away from fried foods like bajjis,bondas,pooris,samosas etc..even if you have to eat them,put them in tissue paper,absorb all the oil,and then eat.

but i can share something important here,oils can be avoided but ghee,atleast a teaspoon everyday is healthy.because oils have bad fats in them.ghee is purely good fats.

fry your breads,chapathis etc dry.or else use minimum ghee.

i have also bought a homeopathic juice,which gives me a healthy heart and tastes just like rooh-afza.thus,i just scout through the supermarket,and buy only healthy foodstuff.stay away from your local bakery,for your long term healths sake,and for your weight loss sake!

oats can lower cholesterol,so have them daily,a few mouthfuls,between meals,instead of snacks.try eating sprouts once in a while.

buy fruit juices that have no preservatives,and are pure.put jaggery instead of sugar in all your homemade dishes.buy sweets that have jaggery in them.thus,just using common sense,can work wonders.

love yourself,dont have a big ego,give others charity,these are other things that will keep you spiritually well,and take care of your mental health.these things are also factors in weightloss.

i also have a lot of good news!u can gorge on chaats,burgers,all italian stuff like homemade macaroni,sphagetti,pizzas etc.these never make you put on weight,and are good alternatives to those who wish to eat a lot.

Thanks,love,neets.

2. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Dear Neets

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Will you please suggest for juices...I don't think any juices we purchase from the market, are free form perservatives. If I like to have juice, I prefer Real juice or Tripicana......Do you suggest these or any other? Otherwise I go for fresh juice.

Best Regrads/ Shivani

3. Neetz

Neetz New IL'ite

dear shivani,

yes ,i go for real and tropicana too,i think they are comparitively less harmful than other juices,so it is a smart way to shop!!what i wanted to stress and to bring to everyone's notice is that by making these changes i lost so many kilos so quickly!!anyone can do it.i also forgot to mention one more thing.

we can skip a meal,either breakfast or dinner,each day.or if you dont feel like skipping the meal on a particular day,just eat half the amount of what you usually eat.make a mental note of how much you work everyday.if you are sedentary and do not have much work to do,eat less,just enough to give energy for a day.if you work moderately,eat just a few more mouthfuls and if you are a heavy worker,then there is no problem,most probably everything you eat will be burnt off!!

the whole point is that we have to WATCH what we are doing.supposing you went to a mall.choose a burger or chaat over other oily foods.or just in case you had an icecream or chocolate milkshake, or something with lots of calories,skip dinner that day.we just have to watch what we are doing.

these are easy ways to lose weight without exercising much.also add a lot of satvic foods to your diet.stuff like

coconuts,
    tender coconut water,
    raisins,
    almonds,
    sprouts,
    fruits,
    vegetables,
    buttermilk with very less salt,
    honey,
    jaggery,
    little milk,avoid drinking lots,
    nuts of different kinds,but in little amounts,only a handful,plain nuts,unsalted.
    lots of water,
    ghee,
    oats,
    any healthy cornflakes,
    any health drinks,
    etc.

you can combine these in a million different ways,and make very tasty dishes!!thats the best part.

also,stock up all these things,so even if your family members are hungry and grab something from the kitchen,you can atleast be sure they are eating healthy.rest in next!! love,neets.

4. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Hi Neetz:)
    Thanks for sharing your diet tips. CONGRATS on your weight loss:thumbsup

5. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Thanks dear for nice useful suggestions...

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Neetz,
    you ahve given good tips, but please do not skip any meal, your breakfast should be the heaviest meal of the day and dinner should be the lightest meal, all juice you get in the market are all sugar based so make fresh juice at home. Have 5 to 6 small meals everyday and incorporate at least walking if you cannot join the gym as walking will exercise and tome your body.
    Follow a balance diet and exercise you cna loose weight easily also drink at least 8 glass of hotwater or 2 litres.
    love alpa:cheers

7. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi

Very nice explanation. Even i get motivated a lot on seeing your post. I need to reduce around 20 kgs. I need plan for my pregnancy soon, before that i need to reduce weight or else it will be so difficult.

How about corn dear? Shall we eat instead of night dinner? I have cut my dinner and i m having either fruits or corn or combination of both.

8. L69

L69 Gold IL'ite

Hi Neetz,
    Thanks for sharing your diet tips.
    CONGRATS on your weight loss.
    That was a very good motivator

Latha

9. Neetz

Neetz New IL'ite

Thanks,all of you!!

@alpa thanks very much,actually skipping just a meal,especially dinner isnt harmful in any way,but i should have mentioned that we shouldn't skip bkfast or lunch. actually,skipping a meal is much better than full day fasting.

our body and digestive system gets the much needed rest,so thats what i meant.i have read in a nature cure book that fasting[though it should be done after expert consultation] is best for health.but i thought it would be extreme,so i suggested skipping a dinner once in 3-4 days.

@lavanya thats very good dear,wish you all the best and i know you can lose weight safely and healthily.corn is a very nice idea,only thing is u have to put minimum salt and masala etc., in it. also eat some of those small items i had listed,instead of having a full dinner...take care,and do these kinds of dieting only if you feel comfortable with it.it applies to everyone,that we should listen to our body.

we should learn from ladies and gentlemen who maintain a healthy body weight in spite of being aged 40 and above.i would say they are smart and careful about their health.i am only 30,and fighting with obesity.it only shows how careless i have been.it increases the risks of many diseases.so the sooner we get rid of extra weight,the better.

the challenge will be to maintain the perfect weight for the rest of our lives.i wish everyone luck in their weight management!! love,neets.

10. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Neetz.

can you please tell me the diet plan you followed.like what you had for brkfast,lunch and dinner.. for 3 months....

It would be really helpful.Please tell your weight before u started and how much u r now.

sadhana