The best and worst about Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by Mriduala22, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Sanjuktabose

Sanjuktabose New IL'ite

I've been staying in Gurgaon for the last ten years and there has been a lot of development.It is known as the millinieum city and compared to Singapore too.It's a great place to stay with a cosmopolitian crowd and one gets to meet people from every works of life and a good number of expats too.Its got the malls, restaurants,good hospitals,schools,clubs.....
    The best part of Gurgaon is it is at a close proximity to the airport and with the expressway, the connectivity to the heart of Delhi is very convenient.It will get better with the Metro.....

The worst part about Gurgaon is the planning of the layout of the roads and with the builders grabbing every space they can get hold on to, traffic is becoming a nightmare.They could have planned the city on the lines of Chandigarh as it is a new city.Another problem is if you dont have your own transport then to move around becomes difficult, as one has to depend on cycle rickshaw or share an auto, which is not very comfortable.To go around one has to hire a private car which turns out to be very expensive.Thus the basic needs have to be looked upon to make ones stay pleasant.

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Hello! Sanjukta
    Welcome abroad.
    I quite agree with your views on Gurgaon. I have relatives staying in Gurgaon and have visited the area a couple of times. My relatives have similar complaints.
    The lack of public transport, electricity supply and lack of sewers/drains are a a big minus. My sister lives in a posh high rise in Gurgaon. I gather residents had a tough time when the area got flooded during rains and the rain water could not drain out because of a lack of drainage system last year. Most housing societies dont have sewerage systems. God knows when will Gurgaon get a proper sewerage system. Gurgaon has got Delhi Metro connection before sewer connections!