1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 7 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 22, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Welcome, Professional Colleague!

Dear Dear AGR,
    You are a company secretary, your hubby is a chartered accountant and I am both. I am happy to learn that your husband is working for the big four.
    Actually B & B originated from the case diaries of one of the brilliant chartered accountants of Mumbai. Of course I had to remove a lot of professional material and add a lot of populist material to make the story interesting.
    Why should I charge you for telling my story to your husband? In fact I will be happy if you don't charge me. As you are doing a courier service for me.
    I am happy you liked my story. Convey my regards to your husband.
    Varalotti

2. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Superb!

Sridhar,
    The accountant in you is a real James Bond! Your profession has helped you create a stunning hero, and build up the story in an unusual way. It is so gripping, I can't wait for the next episode!
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

3. varalotti

Cant Thank You Enough, Pankaja

Dear Pankaja,
    Your words fill me with enthusiasm and have also doubled my responsibility.
    I had to rely very much on my profession to create this hero. In fact the whole story is based on the case diary of a chartered accountant in Mumbai. I have just added, changed the characters to make it lively for the readers.

All my clients are traders and industrialists in my place. Sitting here I can't aspire to get Aishwarya Rai's file or Karina Kapoors file. At times I used to imagine how will their accountants work. And this story is a result of that imagination.

I am really thrilled that you like the story.
    Thanks for the nice words, once again.
    sridhar

4. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Khan in jail

Very topical. Just when Salman Khan was in jail and has come out on bail - Rakesh Khan is being trapped. The net is closing in and ensnared Khan is trying other avenues. The underworld is also entering the story.
    Clean, quick-paced and very easy to relate to. The single rose was a nice touch - foretells of romance. Swetha's character is better etched in this episode. The 3 S's are a formidable team - a combination of brains, beauty and compassion.
    Subbudu says - thumbs up - you have passed the exam with distinction!
    Sharada

5. varalotti

Today is a happy day for me, Sharada!

Dear Sharada,
    I was not this happy when I cleared my formidable CA exams 25 years ago. I am very happy that you liked the cut rose incident. And no one could have so cryptically, yet beautifully summed up the triple S team - Beauty, Brain and Compassion.
    Now, Sharada, you have proved to the IL and the rest of the world that you will call a spade a spade. And words of praise coming from you have to be multiplied by a weight factor of 100. As our super star Rajni used to say in a movie, 'If Basha says once, it's equivalent to saying a 100 times.'
    Now I should pray God that I should pass the next exams as well. More than my releasing my first books this occasion calls for a Champagne. But as I am a teetotaller....., let me not repeat what I wrote earlier.
    thanks,
    sridhar

6. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

very gripping..

Dear Sridhar

A very nice fare. By filling hope in the lives of Swetha and Sethu, you have brought in a quick pace to the story and energy to your characters. There is one thing which gives 'light' to everything, it is the idea that there is something good around the corner...the way Sethu is handling Swetha's affairs portends real 'good' happening in their lives and between them in the future...
    Your observation that underworld dealings are as danagerous as handling a 'double edged knife' is so true ...
    Very grippingly written episode Sridhar...may you come up with more and more such stories, master craftsman...!!
    ambika

7. varalotti

Thanks Ambika.

Dear Ambika,
    The mere fact you have replied to this episode is enough proof that this episode is clean and gauging from your words, good too. Thanks a ton.
    There has to be a battle royale between good and evil, whether it is in the world of fiction or that of reality. But the balance is and has always been tilted in favour of good.
    With wishes from people like you I feel more confident now of turning out better and better episodes.
    thanks,
    sridhar

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

professional brilliance

Dear varlotti,
    Althogh I was one of the earliest to read the episode, I have been able to come to the computer only now.I find this episode the most gripping.Sethu is fast becoming my favourite.Your description of his being a topclass professional lusting for precision and detail impressed me very much.In a single episode you have been able to portray sethu endearingly.Is it because of the accountant in you or does he by any chance belong to Madurai?The professional threat shows sethu as a bold defendant of his client .You are able to raise the profession to an unimaginably high level. .
    very brilliant, Varlotti.
    regards,
    Meenu

9. varalotti

Happy that you liked Sethu!

Dear Minu,
    I am very happy that you liked my characterisation of Sethu. After 22 years of hard core professional life I have an opinion that our profession, that of chartered accountancy, is underrated.
    The subjects we handle and the training we get, especially, us Indian accountants make us comparable to any other accountant in the world. I was in a CA's office in England for three days as part of an exchange programme. There the CA's job is highly compartmentalised. One CA handles only tax matters , another only accounting matter, the third audit, and the fourth estate planning etc.
    In India, especially in places like Madurai, I (and many of my professional brothers) have to handle client's accounting, taxation, audit, service tax, excise duty matters and in addition to that even counsel our clients. Once I had a father and a son as clients. They both did not talk to each other. But each will come to me to complain about the other. I was walking on razor's edge. After a few months I asked one of them to quit.
    In many of the families in places near Sivakasi the family's auditors will sit together if an marriage alliance is finalised.
    I just want to dedicate this serial to our profession.
    Not that we are all Mother Theresas. We have our quota of black sheep. But as a profession we are still underrated.
    Thanks for the nice words, Meenu and thanks for giving me an opportunity to think aloud.
    sridhar

10. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    My big salute to Sethu who could hide his tragedy and come back to the professional world with a bang...What a way to describe the dress code...from an unshaven face to pin-striped suit..Picturesque description..
    Being qualified CA, I could well appreciate the chain of thoughts from special audit to IT raid..
    But please allow Sethu to debug the bugs..It is really bugging me..

Thanks & Regards
    USHA KRIHSNAN