1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 7 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Gaining speed

Dear Varalotti,
    Wah, wah, now the story has gained speed. What strategies the three S's will plan, only God and Varaotti know. What with the modern elecrronic gadgets, you sure are making the story very interesting. I can't wait for the next episode.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I made your post jump the queue!

Dear Vidya,
    I am now replying the comments individually one by one. I made yours jump the queue. Please don't have any qualms about hurting me and all. I was not hurt. I just got very defensive.
    If you read my reply to Ambika and Kamala in the 6th episode you would have seen that I indirectly apologised to you for I had mentioned "in my almost rude reply to Vidya."
    Only after writing that my mind is clear and I could focus on this episode with a clear conscience and without any emotional baggage.
    Thanks for the nice words, Vidya.
    Sridhar

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2006
  3. varalotti

Seat Belt Sign Will Always Be On, Meena!

Hello Meena,
    Like you I also felt glad to see the hero and the heroine meeting. I am happy to note that you have sensed the speed. Yes in this serial the seat belt sign will never be put off. For even while we are cruising at 40000 feet about MSL we are likely to hit some cloud pockets.
    Only with Sethu in Swetha’s side is the battle equally matched. But the game is still played with loaded dice.
    What next? Like you I am also keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thanks for coming in early and thanks for the nice words, Meena.

sridhar

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  4. varalotti

Please let me remain Induslad, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,

The artist (he may be a writer, actor, director etc) is the happiest when his audience finds happiness exactly where he found them. Believe me I was also very happy when these lines jumped out of my mind.

Thanks for the compliment that I am fittest person to be part of a Ladies Forum. But please allow me to retain the title of Induslad. Don’t add a y at the end, for it would change my identity and will confuse with that of the organiser. Ha ha ha . Just kidding.

You can’t teach an old donkey new tricks. Oh, I am sorry, I got confused with the animals. Madam, your suggestion taken. No more donkey’s years. Happy now?

Yes, as in this episode as it is in life, every end has a beginning in it and every beginning has an end in it.

Oh I am sorry, I am going off the tangent. What I should write in religious section I am writing here.

Thanks for appreciating that nuance. To confess a truth to you, to get that last sentence right I changed it at least twenty times. Yesterday night till <st1:time minute="0" hour="0">midnight</st1:time> the right sentence eluded me. I got it only this morning, ten minutes before Iposted.

Thanks for the nice words of encouragement.

Sridhar

5. varalotti

I want the Serial To Be Like Your Name, CBI

Dear CBI,
    I did miss you during the last several episodes. I am happy that at last you have boarded this train which carries a beauty and a brain.
    Thanks for those wonderful words which, I am sure, will make me write more and write better.
    Life contains things good and bad. Yes, Sethu shouting to Khan was one scene which I took pains to build up. I am happy that you liked it.
    Bugs…… yes.. bugs are there. What to do? Let’s see how the Triple S, Sethu,Swetha and Sharada are going to handle it.
    Thanks once again for the post, CBI. I want the serial to bear resemblance to the meaning of your user ID., Kuch Khatti Kuch Mithi.
    That’s my mission. Let’s see how it shapes up.

Sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Zoom world!

Dear Varalotti/Sridhar,

My comments came first, but your reply came fast!! Yes, thanks to the modern miracles and technology. Your guess is right. If you post it early on Saturday, I am still in Friday night and reading it!

But saar...have pity on me. I don't want to belong to any 'sides'!! Much as I like all 'sides', I prefer to be on my own side!!! Ha ha ha!

Thanks for a lovely and fast moving episode and I am sure you will keep us hooked on to the story till the end. Also, thanks for explaining the nuances of story writing. I was not aware that there were certain story telling rules. I learn something new every day.

L, Kamla

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2006
  7. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re:

Dear Dear Varalotti

The beauty and the brain meets.............by the way I am a Company Secretary & my hubby is a chartered accountant working for one of the big 4........every week end this story will reach my hubby (of course through me...)....I am confident that you are not going to charge me for that...........really good show........keep going..........

8. varalotti

Very Encouraging Words, Purnima!

Dear Purnima,
    Very encouraging, even flattering words. I wrote this episode more than 2 weeks back. At first glance it looked like the sambar prepared by an inexperienced cook. Not enough salt, very diluted and not tasty at all. So I rearranged the future episodes and packed dhum inside it. And I am really happy that you like it.
    One thing I find great about my profession is that sincereity is generally the rule. I am not saying that there are no crooks in our profession or that I am very sincere etc. But on the whole I find sincerity and brilliance has been the general rule. That's because our tough exam acts like a strong filter.
    Sethu and Swetha are in the same boat. So when they interacted with each other they find some solace and who knows what it will lead to
    I salute to your affection in calling me 'poetic author'. But that's some thing I can't even dream to deserve. I am saying this because I tried my hands at poetry several times and I failed. My daughter said, 'Dad your prose is poetic; but your poems are prosaic.'
    I don't even want to be associated with the title 'poetic author' in a site where there are great, much published poets.
    But I cant thank you enough for your kind words, Purnima.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

No Episode is Complete Without Your Post, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    Whatever may be the nature of the episode I am sure of your loving and encouraging post.
    Yes, now Triple S have teamed against Khan. What strategies they will have as of now, God only knows, though I know a little. At the right time God will tell me and command me to tell you all.
    Thanks once again for the nice words Varloo which have always been a source of strength for me.
    Well, we cant do anything now but wait for the next episode.
    regards,
    Varalotti

10. varalotti

Just Kidding, Kamla!

I was just kidding, Kamla. At Indusladies there are no sides. Or, there is only one side. the side of love, affection and friendship. All of us belong to that side.
    I was just kidding.
    Now I know you. If I go wrong you will be the first person to pull me up. And if I did anything right, you will be the first person to appreciate me.
    That's more of a mother's duty and I am happy that you are there as a keeper of my conscience.
    thanks, kamla,
    varalotti/sridhar