1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 7 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 22, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes yes yes!

Now it's happening! This was smooth Sridhar sir. I liked it. It was told in style and the story simply seemed to glide from one scene to the next. This time, the characters were also etched well. Sharada, we know. Swetha was all of sweetness and vulnerability, what with her concern for the new auditor and the fear and awe she still has for the Khan guy. Sethu on the other hand is all of the hero one needs in life! Not only is he mellow with his personal tragedy, he is also astute and smart with his know how and gumption. Khan is contemptible enough!

If the story continues in this vein, I am sure it will hold our interest and curiosity without doubt. I always like it when good wins over evil. Until the final justice is done, I am sure I will be anxious and worried for my/your protagonists.

Bugs bugs...I wonder how much the villain gets to know, I wonder when they find them, I wonder if they will find them and..............???!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

everyone in action - including villain

Hello Sridhar,

thanks for discharging our hero & heroine and it was nice to see both of them moving forward from their sad past slowly but surely.
    Its speeding up - we surely need to grab our seat belts now.
    the way Sethu handled the whole show at Khan's office was very impressive - now that we have a strong shield like Sethu to protect our vulnerable heroine, we can leave a sigh of relief. I was thrilled when Sethu literally cornered Khan with his legal threats.
    But then, with the bugs implanted in Swetha's house - our good guys are completely exposed. what next??????

can't wait for the next episode.....

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

The story is moving steadily ?

Dear Sridhar,
    Compared to the last few weeks, the story is moving quite briskly in this episode & expectedly so. As you can guess now, I enjoyed the following lines about a woman's instincts & I always like the subtle observations, you make about a woman !
    "For the first time in her life Swetha’s motherly instincts were aroused and she wanted to protect the grown-up boy standing before her at any cost ".
    You are the fittest person to be part of a ( though not strictly) Ladies' Forum!

The welcome message with a rose shows Swetha's style & made very beautiful reading. Well, rose waiting in the bed for Sethu...... ? Does it give any subtle indication of " anything" to follow ??!!This doubt, since you mentioned Sethu is the hero & Swetha, the heroine !

Your lines about Swetha feeling hurt by Rakesh's sharp attack on her, followed by Sethu's well prepared lines to hit him hard right back, are very interesting.

You tend to repeat phrases like " donkey's years" in your writing ?! Now , please don't tell me, you can't teach an old dog, new tricks - yet another of your favourite examples !

In this episode also " the end is the beginning " ! I am already bugged how the bug will work !

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Hi Shridhar,

I came back from vacation and got all the episodes of "The Beauty and the Brain". Another superb job done by you to make us glued to Indusladies site.This sort of stories are very common in bollywood. We all will eagerly wait for the end.

The way Sethu handled the scene in Khan's office was impressive. The whole image comes in ones minds while reading. Scared abouts bugs but lets wait and see.

cheers

9. varalotti

First Mark Of Approval From Lady Subbudu's Side! I Am Touched!

Kamla,
    First thanks for being the early bird. I am surprised how you got to read and reply first. As we are about 12 time zones away. Maybe what I posted on 22nd you read it on 21st itself. There could not have been a faster response. Story posted on 22nd and responded to on 21st! Wonders of Geography.
    I am very happy that I am able to pack enough substance this time to make you happy.
    In writing a story as well as a novel, I follow the traditional rules. That is there has to be a beginning, a middle and an end. The beginning has to be smooth where you introduce the cast. There is a strict rule you cannot introduce any last minute character. Suppose a long lost cousin would bring about a major change in the story line towards the climax, he has to be introduced in the first few scenes.
    Following that rule, I have now ended the beginning and have begun the middle. I need to now step up the tempo. I have two choices in the ending part. I can either pitch it to a height and end there (Typical Tamil movie ending - car chase, police coming, good winning over the evil, some marriage or reunion) or gradually bring down the tempo and do it smoothly.
    Whatever may be the method, if it is handled correctly, reading the whole serial will be enjoyable.
    I am also bugged by bugs. But we have to live not only with technology but also with the evil it brings about.
    regards,
    Varalotti

10. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

smooth run

today's episode has a smooth start and a smooth finish. No slagging, no beating around the bush. I was expecting Sethu to do a detailed analysis of the case-- abt life of shwetha, rakesh etc for the next two episodes! You took me by surprise. Just like Sethu captivated Shwetha by his brilliance and sincerity to his profession, you have captivated us readers by your arty descriptions -- the inherent chemistry between Shwetha and Sethu was obvious and was potrayed very beautifully by you. You are certainly a 'poetic author'!

Great work Varalotti. I really enjoyed this espsode, i was totally glued to the comp today!

Purnima